The Planted Tank Forum banner

Shrimp Rack Build Half done Pic Updates 1/27

21K views 86 replies 32 participants last post by  ctaylor3737 
#1 · (Edited)
INFO EDIT 1/27 changed some design

So over the weekend I bought 2 pre fabed rack at the depot. 48" X72"X24"
I have one up now as the pictures below show. I will be adding 48" T8 lighting to them and will discontinue the use of Clip on CFL. I use Jebo heaters in all of them. I am using different filters and other stuff in all of them.

I use Bee shrimp GH+ & Azoo Vitiam Plus & Mineral in all water changes. I also have 2 IAL leaves in all tanks, and dose Melafix & Pimafix in all tanks durring water changes but the TB tank. I chage water with RO for the OEBT/NEO YELLOWS, BTOE/BLUE VELVETS, CRS SS-SSS, PRL CRS, TB (1 Shadow Panada, 1 BKK 1 Bar, 1 Black Panda, 2 Ruby Pandas) and 50/50 RO with the PFRS

Right now I have the below

Tank1
20L PFRS With a ton of Subwassertang, and Taiwan and Java moss. Also have Mineral rock in the tank
PH7.2 GH5 KH0-1 TDS180-240 74* Max
Everything is doing well babies are popping out like hot cakes, berried females are to many to count. New molting every day. I am using All the BW products for food, and supplements. I am loving the result. It has MGOPS mixed with eco complete topped with 3" of FSS. Use a SUNSUN 302B canister and a AC30. Canister is full of Matrix media, the filter floss that comes with it, and has 1 large bag of purigen. Everything is great when my brain is working, see other post about my mistake.

Tank2
20L OEBT& NEO Yellows Fissidins moss pads, Taiwan moss on 2 sets of breedings tubes, Java moss mesh pads. Also have Mineral rock in the tank
PH7.0 GH5 KH0-1 TDS 175-200 68-74 max 74 nothing higher. I am using FSS 3" with a AC30 and another SUNSUN302B Canister is full of Matrix media, the filter floss that comes with it, and has 1 large bag of purigen. I am using some BW, Shirakura, Azoo, Ebi-ten,mosura, and Benibachi. I have a little mixture of them I use.

Tank3
15G Pure line tank. Taiwan moss tied to breeding tubes. Will have the same moss pads as above. Also have Mineral rock in the tank. I am using UP-Aqua Shrimp sand, a eheim 2213 and a AC20. They both have extra Seachem matrix media in them and one has a 100ML mag of Purigen.
PH6.2 GH5 KH1 TDS 130-150 temp 74* I am using some BW, Shirakura, Azoo, Ebi-ten,mosura, and Benibachi. I have a little mixture of them I use.

Tank4
15GL BTOE & Blue Velvets, This has all the same moss pads as above, but has Xmass moss tied to one set of breeding tubes, and taiwan to the other set. With mineral rock as well. This is fluval shrimp stratum with a white pool filter sand cap. This has 1 AC30 with the extra Matrix media and one with a 200ML purigen pack, and a eheim 2213.
PH7.0 GH5 KH0-1 TDS 180-205 72* I am using some BW, Shirakura, Azoo, Ebi-ten,mosura, and Benibachi. I have a little mixture of them I use.

Tank5
15L CRS SS-SSS This has all the same moss pads as above, with Java moss on breeding tubes. With mineral rock as well. Thisha UP-AQUA SHRIMP SAND. This has 1 AC30 with the extra Matrix media and one with a 200ML purigen pack, and a eheim 2213.
PH6.2 GH5 KH0-1 TDS 130-150 72* I am using some BW, Shirakura, Azoo, Ebi-ten,mosura, and Benibachi. I have a little mixture of them I use.

Tank6
20L Taiwan Bee Tank(1 Shadow Panada, 1 BKK 1 Bar, 1 Black mix grade panada, and 2 reuby mix grade Pandas) This has 3 Fissidens moss pads, a large piece of drift wood with Peacock moss, and Xmass moss covering it. Has 3 crypts, 1 Varigated Wisteria, 2 anubis, and a bunch of floaters. Has mineral rock in it. Using a large sponge filter and a eheim 2217 with matrix media and floss pads, with Purigen.
PH6.0 KH0-1 GH3-4 TDS 130 68-73* I use BW Shield, Stout and the Azoo products I mentioned above.

I have 1 other tanks in the house now 55 G community with PFR Culls in it, 2 sets of GBR breeding 2 Albino Plecos, 8 Julie cories, 8 Panada cories, 8 Blue fin tetras, 8 Orange von rio tetras. Planted with a bunch of stuff, MGOCPS with pool filter sand cap. Root tabs through out.

More tanks to come when I finish paying for my wedding!

See less See more
#7 ·
92.00 at HD. They have a smaller one for 79.00 it is Not as deep or as high.... Need the 1$ gal sale to come up so I can put the other one up and get it going! My office turned shrimp cave

#8 ·
Pics of the tanks

PFR you cant see many I need to rescape, I just threw a bunch of moss in when I got it going. Has done me good babies like crazy!

My soon to be OEBT tank, have some other scaping items coming for it. Going to my parrents to gather manzanita for all my tanks,

Soon to be CRS tank

#10 ·
Looks like your 10 gal has an oversized heater and your long tank has an undersized one based on length. What wattage do they use?

Also what toe of digital thermometers are installed. I have traditional ones but fine them impossible to glance at with such small text... May go digital seeing your setup. ;)

#20 ·
Updated pics of the tanks!

Fire reds ( Can find more pics and info on my PFR discussion thread)

BTOE Tank (Only have 12 in it so they hide all the time, 2 are berried and 10 more on the way (thanks speedie)

Pure line CRS Tank

Will have more pics of my mixed CRS tank and OEBT Camera battery died

#27 ·
Holy shrimp foods above that rack lol! And you got lights all over the place! Is it hard to do water changes with the lights like that?

And on the bottom shelf, are those the walmart 5G water jugs?

#28 ·
Those are the walmart 5gal jugs. Depending on how I am feeling I either use my RO at home and hook it up under the sink or I run to walmart for 1.88 a 5 gal (Walmart is 2 blocks away and on my way home).

Yeah when there is sales I stock up, think I have the same $$ invested in product as I do shrimp.

I had 48" Dual T8's, but I am still working on how to mount them. The racks ar 48" and the light fixters are just over that, so I have to drill into the sides or run hooks through the cement board. I am ok with all the clip on CFL's right now, water changes are easy! Takes about 20 min

What you dont see is the 4 bags of Africana, 2 bags of Amazonia, and 4 bags of DRL I have for the next set of tanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.