Borneo Wild products - reviews? - Page 19 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 346 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Sponsor
 
darkestsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: clermont, fl. or naples, fl
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoShrimp View Post
In regards to HUMIC, it says it buffers between 6 - 6.5 range. That is a rather large range so I am trying to think if this is why.

If your initial pH is 7.0, it would buffer down to 6.5 and if initial is 6.5 it will buffer down to 6.0? That would by my guess.

The only reason why I am curious to know is because my PRL tank right now sits at 6.5 pH. The females get berried often and I see babies (newborns) often, but overtime they disappear so not sure if my pH is a little too high for babies. Hoping to get it down to 6.0 or less and see if that makes a difference.

That's not quite how Humic works. Think of Humic as sort of a super concentrated version of some of the soils that are commercially available for plant and shrimp keeping. The 6-6.5 ph range is dependent upon the intital water parameters as well as the batch of Humic. From my experience, the result is almost always 6.4 when added to RO water.

Also, it's worth noting, if your water is already a very low ph (5-6), it is possible that Humic will actually raise your ph.

If you're really trying to get your ph to 6 or less, you'll need to use something that doesn't buffer to a specific number (or range) like Humic does. You can filter your water through peat, or use it beneath your substrate, but this is definitely not an exact science. Mosura pH down claims to be shrimp safe, and I have no reason to doubt them, but I haven't used it myself.
darkestsky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 346 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
dhgyello04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lathrop, CA USA
Posts: 824
This thread is getting large so to sum up my question…

Can some of the more experienced shrimp-herders chime in on their total BW products that they have and use? Also can you provide samples of a weekly schedule on when to use Foods vs. supplements? I have quite a few of the products and I would like to get on a nice schedule of foods and supplements to make my shrimp happier.

Don
dhgyello04 is offline  
post #273 of 346 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Sponsor
 
darkestsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: clermont, fl. or naples, fl
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgyello04 View Post
This thread is getting large so to sum up my question…

Can some of the more experienced shrimp-herders chime in on their total BW products that they have and use? Also can you provide samples of a weekly schedule on when to use Foods vs. supplements? I have quite a few of the products and I would like to get on a nice schedule of foods and supplements to make my shrimp happier.

Don
I can't provide my reviews of the products, but there is a free app available for iphone and android that can help you with dosing and setting up a weekly schedule.
darkestsky is offline  
post #274 of 346 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
cantsay39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Elmhurst, Nyc
Posts: 860
i like bw products save my sorry ass when my shrimps are dying on failed molt, A++ for Bw Shield!
cantsay39 is online now  
post #275 of 346 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 11:40 PM
SCAPEr
 
sayurasem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkestsky View Post
I can't provide my reviews of the products, but there is a free app available for iphone and android that can help you with dosing and setting up a weekly schedule.
wait... why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
Please post your review of any Borneo Wild product. They seem to have a ton of various things for shrimp so I would like to hear some opinions if you used anything made by them.
Thanks.
Well here is my review in my own opinion to these products.

Spinach: 4 out of 5. Because the first three ingredients are Soy bean powder, spinach powder, Shrimp meal.

Barley: 5 out of 5. It contains humic acid.

Humic: 4 out of 5. As been explained before, kinda useless if you have already a good substrate.

Frenzy: 4 out of 5. Because the first ingredient is Soya bean (Soy Bean)...

Shield: 5 out of 5. Just great, comes with spoon too.

Crimson: 4 out of 5. It works on my shrimps. Downside doesn't come with the spoon...zz

White: 4 out of 5. It works, but why dose every 3 days? just odd dosing instead of once a week. Plus no spoon zz

Stout: 4 out of 5. It does make my shrimp shiny.. just no spoon again borneo you fail me.

That's all I have. I know I am being ridiculous on Crimson, White, and Stout because no spoon were provided. They need to step up their game because Mosura products come with spoons.
sayurasem is offline  
post #276 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,747
I was wondering if the spoon that comes with shield is the one they reference on other bottle descriptions?

Meaning that one spoon should be good to dose/measure all of their products?
Green_Flash is offline  
post #277 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
cantsay39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Elmhurst, Nyc
Posts: 860
mine came with a spoon borneo shield~~!
cantsay39 is online now  
post #278 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 AM
SCAPEr
 
sayurasem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 2,558
Multipara, Torque, Enlive

"2012-08-03 BorneoWild Launches a series of new shrimp keeping products Multipara, Torque and Enlive. Take your shrimp keeping hobby to newer heights!"
http://www.borneowild.com/mediaroom.php

Multipara is a multi-vitamin, tasty supplement made from natural and organic raw material that draws shrimps to it like bees. Feed as supplement on top of regular food to promote safe moulting and enhance breeding.
Composition: Chitosan, Rice bran, Yeast, Enzyme, Actinomycetes, Lactic acid bacterium.

Torque is an organic catalyst made from natural enzymes of more than 30 types of fruits, plants, seaweeds and rice brand that stimulates growth in shrimps and plant. Use with VIGOR for better, enhanced effect.

BORNEOWILD ENLIVE is a multi-purpose culture of more than 100 types of bacterial in dormant state.
In a new tank set up, it helps to seed the bacterial culture safely and quickly in substrate system as well as in new filters when dosed into water directly. It replenishes bacterial loses after a regular water change, purifies water by decomposing ammonia and nitrite.
For best effect, turn on aeration for 2-3 hours when using Enlive.
Features:
- Matures a new soil system when used as substrate additive
- Replenishes bacterial lost safely after water change - Activates intestinal bacteria in shrimps and fishes bodies when consumed.

hopefully it comes with a spoon lol
sayurasem is offline  
post #279 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
lipadj46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 939
Its not a magic spoon, use a 1/4 tsp, though none of our tanks are large enough for a whole spoon of any product so get some small measuring spoons..
lipadj46 is offline  
post #280 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Sponsor
 
darkestsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: clermont, fl. or naples, fl
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
wait... why not?

Because I sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
"2012-08-03 BorneoWild Launches a series of new shrimp keeping products Multipara, Torque and Enlive. Take your shrimp keeping hobby to newer heights!"
http://www.borneowild.com/mediaroom.php

Multipara is a multi-vitamin, tasty supplement made from natural and organic raw material that draws shrimps to it like bees. Feed as supplement on top of regular food to promote safe moulting and enhance breeding.
Composition: Chitosan, Rice bran, Yeast, Enzyme, Actinomycetes, Lactic acid bacterium.

Torque is an organic catalyst made from natural enzymes of more than 30 types of fruits, plants, seaweeds and rice brand that stimulates growth in shrimps and plant. Use with VIGOR for better, enhanced effect.

BORNEOWILD ENLIVE is a multi-purpose culture of more than 100 types of bacterial in dormant state.
In a new tank set up, it helps to seed the bacterial culture safely and quickly in substrate system as well as in new filters when dosed into water directly. It replenishes bacterial loses after a regular water change, purifies water by decomposing ammonia and nitrite.
For best effect, turn on aeration for 2-3 hours when using Enlive.
Features:
- Matures a new soil system when used as substrate additive
- Replenishes bacterial lost safely after water change - Activates intestinal bacteria in shrimps and fishes bodies when consumed.

hopefully it comes with a spoon lol
They do Well, except for Multipara. It comes in wafers like Grow, Color, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipadj46 View Post
Its not a magic spoon, use a 1/4 tsp, though none of our tanks are large enough for a whole spoon of any product so get some small measuring spoons..
This.
darkestsky is offline  
post #281 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 12:14 AM
SCAPEr
 
sayurasem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipadj46 View Post
Its not a magic spoon, use a 1/4 tsp, though none of our tanks are large enough for a whole spoon of any product so get some small measuring spoons..
Okay, I just wanted to clear some things up.
So are you using whole spoonful of 1/4 tsp for Crimson and White?

What about the "smidgen" spoon that hedge fund use? smidgen is 1/32 tsp...

I just wanted to get the right amount of dosing...
sayurasem is offline  
post #282 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
lipadj46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 939
The spoon that comes with the powders are about a 1/4 tsp but that will dose a very large volume of water compared to our smaller tanks. Adjust dosing using simple ratios and guesstimate, its definitely not analytical chemistry

sent from an undisclosed location using morse code
lipadj46 is offline  
post #283 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:29 AM
SCAPEr
 
sayurasem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 2,558
Any feedback on Enlive and Multipara?

Reading from the ingredients Multipara seems like a breeding food. Maybe compareable to Mosura Gravidas.

The picture on Enlive bottle is very attractive. I probably get it just because of that blue bolt picture lol. Also compareable to Mosura BT-9 from the quote "purifies water by decomposing ammonia and nitrite".

My last question, what is the difference between Bebi and Enlive?

Hope you guys can help. Thank you!
sayurasem is offline  
post #284 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 09:47 PM
SCAPEr
 
sayurasem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 2,558
Just got my Grow, Color, Enlive, and Multipara
I'm a sucka for shrimp
sayurasem is offline  
post #285 of 346 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,747
Would Enlive be comparable to using something like ADA Bacter 100?
It is a substrate additive correct? To help establish beneficial bacteria it sounds like. sounds nice as a substrate system additive.

Might have to get a bottle now lol.
Green_Flash is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome