The Planted Tank Forum banner

My Shrimps so far..

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  riddlesden 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are a few pics of my Shrimps i have in my tanks....
Got a new camera for Christmas so the Shrimps are first :)

:):):)

See less See more
#8 ·
Not sure if there's a "true" breeding yellow rili yet. You could end up with yellow shrimp where they have clear sections. But hopefully Liam or another shrimp breeder can chime in.

#11 ·
Breeding isn't as simple as putting a cherry shrimp with a blue pearl and getting some genetic mutation of purples. If the color variants are from the same genus -Neocaridina then they will commonly revert back to the wild type color. You will need to selectively breed your yellows, so if the one above has "yellow rili" markings than you will want to separate that one along with any others you have (which are color variants of your yellow) and selectively breed those until you get them to breed as true as possible.

On a side note a rili typically has a red head and tail...(think blue and red rilis). But seeing as yours look different try and breed it true, take some good pictures and you can start selling yours for the same ridiculous prices that everyone else gets away with.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to more pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.