46-Gallon OEBT tank - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgyello04 View Post
Hey there Lindsey,
29 gallons will be cool. You would be able to see your shrimp better that I can. I am going to try a breeding basket and do some selective breeding. When do you think you are going to start it up?
I had to go with a 20L. It's up and running now, but not with all the moss I want. I just have some anubias and java fern. I'm hoping to get some Fissidens fontanus growing on the slate I have. I'll take some photos once I get the plants I want in. I have the cheap LED lights PetSmart sell and will be moving my t5s to the tank for better plant growth. I'm most concerned about the shrimp so growing plants is going to be interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hello all,
Itís been a while. Since my last post my OEBTís have exploded in numbers. Here is a pic of my shrimp ball after getting a new feeding dish.

and here is the video
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...611_222147.mp4

Thanks
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hello everyone,
It has been awhile and I have wonderful news. I have got some supreme painted fire Red Neoís from Nick not too far back. I was looking around the tank last night and cleaning out the intake sponge and something caught my eye. I have floaters that cover about ĺ of the surface of my tank and when I moved them it was like a meteor shower in the tank. A bunch of little shrimp started darting around from the roots. As I looked closer I noticed that some had orange eyes and the others had black eyes. I am glad to see that both my OEBTís and PFR are breeding strong.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:11 PM
CPD
Planted Tank Obsessed

That's great news!! I just recently acquired some oebt and plan on breeding them so reading through this shows not to get discouraged and keep at it! Great post thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPD View Post
That's great news!! I just recently acquired some oebt and plan on breeding them so reading through this shows not to get discouraged and keep at it! Great post thank you

Cpd,
If you make these shrimp happy they will thrive. I almost wiped out my entire colony by being lazy. Keep up with your wcís and testing. I test every week for Ph, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, and Gh. I learned from my mistakes and havenít been happier with this species. I have some really nice color coming out.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 PM
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Hello everyone,
It has been awhile and I have wonderful news. I have got some supreme painted fire Red Neoís from Nick not too far back. I was looking around the tank last night and cleaning out the intake sponge and something caught my eye. I have floaters that cover about ĺ of the surface of my tank and when I moved them it was like a meteor shower in the tank. A bunch of little shrimp started darting around from the roots. As I looked closer I noticed that some had orange eyes and the others had black eyes. I am glad to see that both my OEBTís and PFR are breeding strong.
Awesome dude!
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 PM
CPD
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Cpd,
If you make these shrimp happy they will thrive. I almost wiped out my entire colony by being lazy. Keep up with your wcís and testing. I test every week for Ph, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, and Gh. I learned from my mistakes and havenít been happier with this species. I have some really nice color coming out.
Have you kept CRS? I heard they need similar conditions and if so then I'm set cuz my CRS population is exploding

post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPD View Post
Have you kept CRS? I heard they need similar conditions and if so then I'm set cuz my CRS population is exploding

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think they will cross breed. To answer your questionyes. I keep CRS, RCS, OEBT, wild bees, and black diamonds in an EBI. WOW I had some crazy looking red neck shrimp. I can't tell you if only the OEBT'S and the CRS crossed, but some of the offspring had traits from both. I wouldn't take the chance. I hope this helps you.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 06:51 PM
CPD
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think they will cross breed. To answer your questionyes. I keep CRS, RCS, OEBT, wild bees, and black diamonds in an EBI. WOW I had some crazy looking red neck shrimp. I can't tell you if only the OEBT'S and the CRS crossed, but some of the offspring had traits from both. I wouldn't take the chance. I hope this helps you.
Haha yes they will cross breed. Called tibees if I'm not mistaken. The shrimp gurus can correct me if I'm wrong. It did answer cuz if both are berried in the same parameters then I'm good to go thanks!

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 PM
ShrimpRetirement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode