The Planted Tank Forum banner

CRS acting dead?!

787 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tbarabash 
#1 ·
I got some CRS in on Friday and they seemed all were good up untill last night. I looked in an it looked like 3 had died. I knew that these shrimp were pussies so I kinda didn't make a big deal.

When I try to scope them up with a net they squirm away. So I left them in.

Came down this morning and one seems to be fine now but the other two are on there back. Tried to scope them up again but again they went off. Then sometimes I'll come down and one of them will be standing?? I can see they're moving there feet or what ever you would call them?

Any ideas or tips on what to do? I've done two 20% water changes in the past 24 hours as well..

#2 ·
I have had cherries play this game. Almost makes you WANT to kill them. Sometimes this means they are sick and are just barely hanging on.

Sometimes its a stress/defense response from moving them. My cherries did this the first four or five days... I even took one out and tossed it in the toilet and only there did it scoot around like WTH just happened. I would not stress too much if your parameters are good. They just like messin with ya. If you post your parameters I am sure you can get plenty of feedback about possible issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.