The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need help identify this floating plant

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  natemcnutty 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Was at my LFS yesterday and the owner gave me some of these plants for free. The shrimps love to hang upside down onto the root lol. I forgot to ask the boss what's the plant name. Anyone know what its called?

Thanks.

See less See more
#6 ·
Oh it certainly does look like pale red. I hope it grows fast though :D

Those are some nice shrimp in there though. Do you keep CBS, CRS, and Cherries together?
Hi yes, I keep them together. I'm more of a type who likes seeing different types of colorful shrimps in my tank as compared to professional breeders. Just a small simple setup to gain more experience before deciding whether to get a big tank. :p

I have 4 red fire, 4 CRS, 2 blue bolt, 3 red wine, 2 King Kong and 2 CBS.

#10 ·
With there only being 4 Neos in the tank, and they are all red, there is no chance for wild type/brown babies.

The others will create mischlings, tibees or taitibees, or something along those lines.... of various colors. Some might end up looking like the parents, others may end up looking completely different.

#11 ·
Looks like RRF to me. I have some that looks like that too. It started off with long red roots. I have found I was not putting enough ferts in.

It is not just pro breeders that get concerned about mixing. Most if not all of us should be careful. A great deal of time has been put into each line. If you do mix them be sure to be very clear, if you sell any of your shrimp, that the lines have been mixed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.