The Planted Tank Forum banner

Bacter AE vs. Powdered Foods?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Teebo 
#1 ·
I was given a box of shrimp food products that have overwhelmed me with choices. There are several powdered foods for baby shrimps as well as Bacter AE (which is also a powder).

Will the Bacter AE replace powdered foods for babies? I assume the powdered foods have ingredients that bio-film lacks?

Since I have so many different kinds of foods I am tempted to mix them all together. By the time I finish a product the others will likely be far outdated! I have seen people make a "shrimp cocktail" with multiple foods and a turkey baster but that needs to be prepared each time you feed as food suspended in water will go bad quickly. What do you think about a gelatin food? I have made a snail jello recipe before and the shrimps always go nuts for it. I could take all my shrimp pellet foods and crush them into a powder, then mix that with my already powdered foods and gelatize it...without adding the Bacter AE and I can add the Bacter AE manually when I feed the gallatin food? I figure the ratio of Bacter AE will need to be changed based on any aesthetic outbreaks in bio-film.

I have the following foods I can make this galatin food with, ensuring each shrimp gets an extremely diverse diet with every meal:

Mosura Brood Care
Glas Garten Shrimp Dinner
Glas Garten Shrimp Baby (powder)
Zebulon Shrimp Treasure (powder)
Zebulon Shrimp Pellet Food
Zebulon Meticulous Snowflake
CSF Pure Mineral

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.