The Planted Tank Forum banner

Feeding Schedule?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Willcooper 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the shrimp hobby (got my first batch of RCS juveniles a month ago, and my second batch last week, hoping to see some berried females soon). Anyways, I wasn't sure if I was overfeeding or underfeeding my shrimp. I have a total of 25ish juvenile RCS and 2 full grown adults.

I bought Lowkeys Double Speed last week and have been using it daily and it's definitely improved the size on my juveniles. The problem is, I'm seeing some white/clear bands on the back of some of my juveniles so I think they're growing way too fast with the Lowkeys Double Speed so they're having molting problems. I've decided to cut that food down to about twice a week instead of daily. The other food products I have are Glasgarten BacterAE, Shirakura Ebi-Dama, MK Breed Baby, Lowkeys Ebi210, Blanched Spinach, and a food sample from Hanaquatics.

What should my feeding schedule look like with these different types of food? I haven't fed them anything since Sunday since I want to start a fresh feeding schedule/cycle.

#4 ·
Freemananana is right in that shrimp don't necessarily need to be heavily fed. In your case, it sounds like there's too much protein in their diet, which causes neocaridina to grow much more quickly than usual and can lead to death. Tiger shrimp on the other hand need more protein and will actually eat any snails or other things in a tank if they're not getting enough. A little protein is good to promote breeding but it's not necessary at all.
When I feed my shrimp the algae wafers it's usually a single piece half the size of an adult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.