The Planted Tank Forum banner

Ramos' ADA Mini-M

50K views 227 replies 58 participants last post by  rrrrramos 
#1 · (Edited)
Updating this post with the most recent infor. For the record I originally planned to do a 45-P but changed to a Mini-M then a week later caught a deal in the SnS for one. As of today (8/12/09) the only thing I need to get this tank running would be the heater, which will be in inline heater.

Tank:
ADA Mini-M
Light:
ADA Solar Mini M
Substrate:
ADA Aquasoil Amazonia
Filter:
Eheim 2211 with ADA Mini P-1 and ADA Mini V-1
CO2:
Victor VTS-253A w/ Fabco NV & 2.5# Tank
Ferts:
ADA Brighty K

As far as plants, I've got a short list in my head of stuff I might like in here. Here are a few I'm considering.
Utricularia graminifolia
Marsiela minuta
Fissidens fontanus
Stems of some sort, preferably short, colorful ones that aren't Rotala sp. 'Mini'

Hardscpae will be Seiryu or Ryuoh Stone

Fauna:
Blue Pearls/Blue Tigers/Some blue shrimp more or less.

The Tank:

The Light:

The Filter

The Pipes:

The Co2 & Ferts:

The Plunge:

The Inspiration

Thats about it! Stay tuned for updates to this!​

See less See more
#17 ·
I'm worried about the inevitability of me starting this tank before I move.
Just picked this great deal in the SnS (Thanks nellis!)

Got it for $50 shipped :D
Swagelok/Nupro SS-SS2-A (Thanks LeftC!)
Clippard Solenoid w/ cord
Inline Glass Bubble Counter
Brass Check Valve
Glass Nano Diffuser
Brass Permaseal
All the fittings I need
and a 3-way manifold, which is perfect for right now cuz I can split the Co2 between both my tanks.
So now I just need the ADA goodies :D

#19 ·
So, mini update. I have my first set of ADA products on the way, the P-1 and V-1 intake & outflow, from Craig. Will probably be here next week or so. I'm excited :D
I'm also considering going with a Mini-M or Mini-L and setting up a second tank like a 20 or 30g because I'm already feeling limited in my 12g and 10g will just give me even less room! Haha.

#25 ·
Well my pipes from Craig came in today. If you've seen his tank, you've seen the pipes. Might I add they look great and I think the addiction is starting to kick in! It's taking everything in my power to not pull the trigger on a Mini-M right now!
I do have a couple questions though, if anyone can give any advice. So far I'm still planning to keep the light and get the bulb. A) Would the 36W light be too intense for the tank, and B) Would the ~2.5" hang-off on either side be detractive from the overall look of the tank? Another option is using the 27W lamp that is over my 2.5g, and that'd also make the start-up costs even cheaper.
Also, as far as a foreground plant, would UG or Elatine triandra be a good look? I'm really liking both of them right now!

#28 ·
Thirty-six is too much for a Mini-M, in my opinion.
It's doable with a ton of CO2, but with razor-thin margins for error.
I'd recommend twenty-seven watts. If you can find a non-screw-in/non-quad-tube type fixture, that'd be best.
UG does not need all that much light and carpets as a part of it's nature and not in relation to light intensity, like Glosso.
So wattage is not really the priority so much as CO2 levels and flow. (UG likes flow, I've found.)

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.