The Planted Tank Forum banner

Java Fern in Windsor, Ontario

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  viplecoman7-7 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, Ive been looking to pick up some fairly cheap Java Fern lately, but everything I find is either WAY overpriced, or looks like crap. I'm hoping someone has a ton of it they'd be looking to thin out for a reasonable price. I'm not looking for alot, maybe four or five small bunches to start out to see how it handles my tank. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated! Look forward to hearing from you!

#2 ·
Hey CMJ > I have tons of it literally buckets full. I sell it for $2.50 > 1 cup sized portion.
It grows best in soft water/Ph 7. It is very forgiving. To propagate it faster I take a pair of scissors and cut it all up into 1/2 " pieces or so. Holds well in very low light levels. Mod light is best. It would not be worth shipping from here so what i suggest is buy one of those Crappy looking ones and give it a good home. Take the scissors to it and give it some light. It is a good filter plant to. Take it out once in awhile and swish it around in a bucket of old water. It is amazing how much junk it will hold on to . {:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.