The Planted Tank Forum banner

Question regarding a very stupid mistake I just made.

784 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Argus 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have a fourty breeder with some angel fish. I was concerned about the flow so I was installing a spray bar. Shortly after, I realized I had just done laundry, and had a small amount of liquid laundry detergent on my hands. How quickly will I see the effect this will have on my fish if it was a large enough quantity to harm them? I did a water change earlier today. I am in the transition of 100% RO for breeding purposes, but I do not feel good about doing another RO water change within one day. It was a very small amount, but I still am very concerned that I am about to loose ten of platinums that are very hard to come by in my area. Let me know what you think.
Thanks

#3 ·
50/50
A 50% water change will cut the likelyhood of it being that bad without doing that much harm if you don't alter the ro mix on this WC.
But not doing one would be better if it's not that much pollution.
I know that doesn't help you.
Most fish can take pollution better than shrimp can.
I went into my tank one afternoon and while I was still in there a shrimp went acting funny. 20 min later and several had died. The next morning all were dead
No apparent harm to any fish.
After thinking about it for a long time I remembered that earlier that day I had sprayed for roaches with a regular spray can of roach spray without washing my hands after that. After all. the spray goes away from you not at you right ?
So it's your call depending on how much you think it was on you at the time.
Really sorry but that's as close as I can call it.
Personally I'd go for the 50% WC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.