The Planted Tank Forum banner

Most popular tank size?

681 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  end3r.P 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!
I've been doing a lot of journal readings and it's so dangerous, it always makes me want to get another tank and try something new sometime in the future when money falls into my lap. I'm debating whether to do a 40b or just go up to the 75 - I really love the look of longer tanks, so I'm open to different suggestions. What do you guys consider the most popular aquascaping tank size?

#2 ·
I'd say the 40b because they're available during the dollar per gallon sale, have an 18" depth that makes them highly aquascapable, and a 16" height that makes them easy to reach into and work with. I might be wrong though as 20 gallon highs and longs are also very popular. Its unfortunate that 75 gallon tanks aren't part of the DPG promotions as I'd already have one filled with Cichlids if they were.

#4 ·
I got both and love both those sizes because of how wide the tanks are. If I had to pick, bigger is always better. But also depend on what your going to have in it plants and fishes. Other than those two I also have a 120. Also 48" tank but 24" wide it's my favorite. The 40 gallon will not need as much light because it's only 16" tall where the 75 is 21". I run led lights on the 40 and T5 on the 75.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.