The Planted Tank Forum banner

Black Friday/Used tank opinion

879 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Aparker2005 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys with black Friday coming up does anyone know if all of their tanks are 50% off? I saw the add and it said up to 150g. That'd be $330 for the 125 ensemble.

I purchased a used 125 gallon and stand last week and I didn't inspect it as good as I should have. Paid $300 for it and the stand which is in good shape. However, there are a few cracks/splits in the black plastic trim along the top and bottom.

I'm thinking about buying a new 125 with the black Friday sale at petsmart if so and trying to sell this used one i got for what I paid or close to it.

I filled the tank up tonight outside on the stand and there was no leaks or any bowing at all. The tank cleaned up nice except for the cracks. There are 2 in the back and 1 small one on the front.

If it held water no problem, is it really worth the hassle or should I just keep it? Not sure I can sell it around here. Sucks I just now saw this ad :/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is a perfecto/Marineland tank that I bought used also.

See less See more
#3 ·
Our petco (which I hate) doesn't have large tanks in stock.

are you suggesting that I can order a large tank at that per gallon price?????

ooooooooooh is my wife going to need to be understanding.

#4 ·
I think those only go up to 55g sales. I'm hoping the petsmart sale goes for online also. If so we're probably gonna get that and just recover what we can from the tank I bought used

#5 ·
Yeah, I just checked online- no large tanks! boooo

I really want a 300. I mean I really really want a 300

I promise to dump both of my 10's if I can have a 300

#6 ·
I have been on both sides of the used tank issues. I have bought and have had good luck with smaller tanks under 60 gallons but if there large then that I will buy new. It's just isn't worth the problems I had with a used 150. Nothing like a leaky tank to make your day just suck.

#7 ·
concur- a local pharmacy gave me a 72 bow. He told me it leaked. I re-sealed it and thought "there that should do it"

that didn't do it

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I really hope the ad I saw includes the 125. I'll just get it and recoup some of the price or eat it.

Looks like I'll be trying to fix the tank with some epoxy on the 3 cracks. Petsmart doesn't carry the 125 and can't ship to store apparently. They just go back and bring what's in Stock to the front. That blows. Can't afford to get an entire new tank for the new tank price either.

Nevermind: Found a petsmart 2 hours away that has 2 in Stock. I'm hoping to get there before they're gone. Gonna sell the other to our local lfs hopefully. They buy tanks and see seeing what they can offer for it. Something is better than nothing. Really excited if I can get there before they sell them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.