New 55g Help Please - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
I think both your tanks look really nice. Clean, uncluttered and simple (in a good way)

advice? need a background on the 55, I'm partial to black but yellow, orange, purple, brown can all look good as well. I use poster board and for the price you can switch them out, see which one you like and bring the rest back

20L My Other Tank: OEBT Shrimp
40B Inlaws Tank: 2 goldfish
75 Main Tank w/ sump: 5 Glossolepis pseudoincisus, 5 Melanotaenia boesemani, 10 Melanotaenia praecox, 5 Melanotaenia lacustris, some cories, a bn pleco and rainbow fish fry
Sponsored Links
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
Thank you! I plan on getting another black background on the 55g. Just haven't gotten to it yet. Haven't tried the plain poster-board though. Thanks.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
I went ahead and purchased a 6700k bulb and a Colormax bulb. They are 24w each. So I replaced the Atenic blue bulbs with these but alternated each with the a 10k bulb. So it goes 10k, Colormax, 10k, 6700k. Hopefully this will help out my plants. My rainbow fish already looks better. I will post a picture with the new bulbs tomorrow.

55gallon, lighting 55 gal, planted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode