Ok...so my daughter and I just moved into a new place about a month ago, and in the process had to take our tanks with us. We ended up moving the tanks twice, and I had to treat for ich between the moves, so that and (I guess) general moving stress took their toll on my flora (fish all came through just fine!). I lost a considerable amount of plant mass, so after I got over the initial loss I got busy thinking again.
Anyway, here's the 20 long the day we started hauling furniture out (my back aches just thinking about that weekend
What was left of all that alternanthera in the back right corner.
Finally cleaned up, and some new plants added:
And with the mopani wood hunks I found at Petsmart (on sale, no less...really starting to dig them for fish stuff). They soaked for the past three days before I put them in this morning, and I am really glad they did:
Also trimmed quite a few algae-encumbered leaves, to clean up the look even more. I havent seen this tank look this good in months.