The Planted Tank Forum banner

Zoomed 501 vs. Eheim 2213 on a Fluval EBI

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  tylergvolk 
#1 ·
Soon I will be switching my Eheim 2213 from my EBI over to my 20L. I was going to use a Aqua Clear 20 on my EBI but then I was wondering what my options are.

I like those mini canisters like the Zoomed 501.

Anyone have any recommendations?

#3 ·
I do not currently have an AC20. If you recommend the AC30, then I will probably go that direction then. However, today I just picked up another Eheim 2213 for $10 used off CL. Guy says it needs a new propeller and filter media. If I can get it working then I will probably go with that.

Honestly, I'm not sure what kind of fish ill be housing yet. What I do know is that ill have some shrimp, moss, DW, Rocks, and carpet plants. Probably ottos 2.

#4 ·
If you can make the Eheim work, definitely go that route. It's a better filter a million times over.

And if you can't get it easily working, $10 is a steal for just the filter shell. So you can pick up replacement parts slowly.

Going the AC route, AC30 would be my pick. Just $25-$30 for a terrific little filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.