So a few months ago I was talking to a guy about aquaponics and became very interested back to freshwater setups... I still maintain a 90g corner bow front mixed reef however we wanted something green and nice for our kitchen area. I am not rushing it because I want it to be done right and all plants thriving with livestock when we are on the way... You can see my reef tank success in my first post on the forum under introductions
I am starting by pulling the support lip off a 20g long I had in the garage and building a DIY CO2 2 liter setup with some heavy duty bottles and a little yeast, sugar, and baking soda. It is going to be used so I can do higher spec lighting on this tank and have some good growth.
- air check valve
- Elite A130 filter for pushing the flow with CO2 evenly
- 20# bag of Caribsea Eco Sustrate
- EDITED***Aquaclear 50 HOB filter - I have decided to go with a canister and ceramic media with sponges..
Still Researching, Shopping & Deciding
- smaller LED lighting options (current usa trulumen, trinnex, etc.. )
- beginner plants
- rock vs. driftwood (i know drift wood can drastically affect parameters at times
Here's the location I have targeted in my kitchen area and things I ordered to take way on this fun project with..