The Planted Tank Forum banner

Help! What is this EGG SACK On my lid?

3K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Sajacobs 
#1 ·
Opened the lid on my tank this morning and found this very strange looking sack of eggs. Never seen anything like it in my tank before. It is attached to the underside of the lid about 1-2 inches above the water.

Can anyone tell me what it is and why it is there?

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
I breed apple snails. What you need to do is just get a spray bottle and spray the eggs twice a day. Dont fill the water up past the eggs. As long as you keep them moist yhey should hatch in 2 weeks. My last set of breeding pair laid 200+ eggs I have around 150 sold most of them.

#14 ·
Yeah cause just a few sprays a day woint hurt them. Problem with mine is my plant tank dries them out and the snails die. But with a snail laying eggs they will probably lay at least five more of those in the next month as mine usually do.

But yeah just spray them or just somehow put a little water on them. They should be fine and youll see little snails forming soon if they are fertilized!

#15 ·
They seem to be staying very moist on their own. I have noticed a couple of them "popped" is this a bad sign? or just collateral damage?

#19 ·
Wow that's a lot off eggs how many large snails do you have?

I plan on seeing what happens if they hatch I'm sure my fish will take out a lot of them. My LFS would take some if need be. I also might get some assasins!

#30 ·
The have hatched and are everywhere! I thought I'd share some pics of the parents making more. If you see tiny specks those are the babies.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.