How do I get my water Crystal clear?! - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,748
I also think some Bacter products out there help polish water and make it cleaner and cleaner, surge of good bacteria is a good thing.
Green_Flash is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
I also think some Bacter products out there help polish water and make it cleaner and cleaner, surge of good bacteria is a good thing.
Green_Flash, do mean a product like this?
http://www.petco.com/product/3263/Aq...r-Biozyme.aspx
I used this product when starting my tank and still have a lot left if it will help.

- Matt M.
Mattymo92 is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,748
I was thinking something like Borneo Wild Bacter Crystal.
http://www.borneowild.com/prod_v.php...=13&p=47&stxt=
Green_Flash is online now  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
discuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 2,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattymo92 View Post
Ok thanks I'll have to look into that and maybe give it a shot as well!
Keep in mind, Matt, that quilt batting and filter floss are just different descriptions/names for one and the same thing.

Fabric stores sell it as 'polyester quilt batting', and LFS's sell it as 'filter floss', except for about 3 X the price of quilt batting.
If you buy it at a fabric store, make darn sure it is completely untreated - no additive compounds, no disinfectants, no fire retardants !
discuspaul is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
I was thinking something like Borneo Wild Bacter Crystal.
http://www.borneowild.com/prod_v.php...=13&p=47&stxt=
hmm never seen that before, looks like better quality than the Mardel stuff Ive been using, Thanks I'll check it out
Mattymo92 is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
Keep in mind, Matt, that quilt batting and filter floss are just different descriptions/names for one and the same thing.

Fabric stores sell it as 'polyester quilt batting', and LFS's sell it as 'filter floss', except for about 3 X the price of quilt batting.
If you buy it at a fabric store, make darn sure it is completely untreated - no additive compounds, no disinfectants, no fire retardants !

Good to know! sounds cost efficient. ( which is VERRY important these days lol)
Mattymo92 is offline  
Reply

Tags
aqueon, filter, filter help, filter media, fluval

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome