Got my *SS back into caring for my tanks!!!! - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
Got my *SS back into caring for my tanks!!!!

Hi everyone....Ive been gone(well, not really) for a couple of job has taken up WAY to much of my time....13 hour days just about did my tank enthusiasm in......I have 2-55 gallon aquariums...the 1 is full of guppies....the other has a clown loach, a kuhli loach, and a 9 year old, I dont know how they all survived my COMPLETE LACK OF tanks would evaporate water down to the half-way point, and dummy me, Id just fill em up...not even giving a THOUGHT that poisons were building up.......well, a week ago, I got my *ss back to my tanks, and started the LONG process of getting them back to show-worthy condition.....Ive done water changes in both, and now, Im in the process of removing TONS of algae.......the long stringy, kind, and I believe, that the kind thats black, and fairly short and stubbly?? And how dio I get rid of the black algae? Im really surpised that I didnt lose all of my fish......also, in my tank with the 2 loaches and the lone angelfish, there are red spots, about the size of a dime, all over the glass( well, not ALL over, but its alot) Ive scraped some off, but theres still traces....a type of algae, I presume?? I tested the water in the tank that I did the water change in last week.....everything is in the safe range. SHould I test the tank that I did the water change in today, today?? I had such beautiful,lush plants until my IGNORANCE killed them, except the anubius.....should I wait a couple of weeks before adding plants? I dont want to get extravagant with the plants.....not yet. But I want to get them back to where they were.....I used to get SO many compliments on my tanks....My fish all seem healthy....good color, active, and eating well......I forgot how enjoyable this hobby is!!!! Im re-dedicating myself to my FISH!!! And my tanks......any tips from anyone will be SO appreciated....Ive missed coming here to The Planted Tank.....Ill be checking in FREQUENTLY!!!! Thanks for reading this very LONG post!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode