Before I would dose flourish excel everyday 2ml, flourish comp every other day 2ml. and then dry ferts twice a week. .
Wow, maybe it's a "less is more" thing. my schedule:
- water change once a week (sometimes every 2 weeks) about 30-40%
- one cap of Flourish after the water change
- 2 teaspoons of Equilibrium powder after water change, and a pinch of calcium clay
- root tabs every few months (I need to pick some more up, it's time)
- 3 ml of excel daily
- a good deal of fish, mostly Platies (I'm sure they contribute to the ferts
- trim when it looks like too much or something sticks out of the top.
that's pretty much it, here is my tank after a trim:
it's grown a little denser since then. I guess I traded off a lot of heartache by not targeting specific plants too much, and by moving on if something failed. I could have forced it by going whole hog on the fert/Co2/light rollercoaster, but enjoy it more this way (wanted it to be enjoyable, not stressful)