Questions about starting a 3 gallon nano ghost shrimp tank.
I have a 3 gallon tank (well technically a critter keeper). It has a light hood (from a 5 gallon tank set, I only have the hood left). It also has a lid, a heater (for small tanks) set to about 73-75 degrees and a thermometer. I already have water in it that has been de-chlorinated. I plan on turning this into a nano tank with shrimp. I am going to Petco and plan to buy black sand, live plants for small aquariums, and some ghost shrimp. I don't have enough money for a filter right now but have read that some people are successful with nano tanks that are filterless. I have a few questions about this setup:
1. Should I buy a filter next week when I get paid?
2. Will it do okay without a filter until then?
3. What is an appropriate filter for a tank this size?
4. How many ghost shrimp can fit in here?
5. Is aquarium salt dangerous for plants and shrimp?
6. What kind of plants will do well in low light and not grow too large for my tank?