Very lame craigslist ad - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 PM
SCAPEr

Lol so many angers in this thread. Not every one in the world knows the nitrogen cycle of aquarium. Heck that's how I started into this hobby, goldfish in a bowl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Yea... I was trying to edit and ended up quoting and then editing... It was quite a big ordeal!!! Lol.

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fplata View Post
I am going to hire that guy as a sales person for my company. If he can sell broken things imagine what he can do with state of the art equipment.

PS. Funnier than the add is the reaction. And the irony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you are missing the point some of us (at least me) are trying to make - this isn't funny because it attempts to make "humor" out of animal cruelty. At least I hope that's what the seller is trying to do.

Having worked as an emergency overnight tech in a large animal hospital - 5 hospitals owned by a husband and wife vet team, we might work in any one of the hospitals - I can tell you it's not humorous at all to see animals come in that have had firecrackers lit and exploded while in their rectums, animals whose tails have been lit on fire because it's so funny to watch them shriek and run (the largest being a horse), one of my coworkers even adopted a white German Shepherd puppy because the owner and his buddy decided it would be a blast to play football with it, drop kicking it around the yard at 12 weeks of age. Fortunately one of our vets had no issues with telling the man his dog died of it's injuries, gave him a hefty ER bill, and used the $$ to nurse the dog back. I can tell you as an adult dog, my friend had to muzzle the dog if more than a few men were at the house at one time.

Maybe some of the folks here think dog fighting is harmless entertainment too, and we "hippies" should just get over it. Animal cruelty, like cruelty to children, the elderly, or anyone, should not be mocked on any level no matter how small in my book.

There's my two cents explaining where I'm coming from - I don't care how many of you find it extreme. No more extreme than I find some of these responses.

The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

^^^^ you are comparing a feeder fish being inside a blender that does not work with dog fighting and people hurting cats. On an earlier post you called for killing the owner of the blender. If anyone is missing the point it is you and I certainly do not need a sermon on the topic by someone who is as disconnected from reality as your comments make it seem. Please do not reflect your soul on mine and understand that my comment was to be humorous, if it offended you or anyone else, as they say "it is what it is"

post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yeah if the blender worked that's one story, but since it doesn't I can find the humor in it. Like fplata basically said it's like comparing apples to oranges. 2 totally different situations. As far as keeping it in too small of a space, are we going to start hunting all the people that keep/kept gold fish in a bowl? I myself am an animal lover, I would have fish if I wasn't but this is still amusing to me. Look up joecartoon frog in a blender, and maybe you'll see the humor? Probably not but it will be funny to see your reaction to it lol.

You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Oxl
Planted Member

A cartoon is one thing but this is a live fish we are discussing. Sure it's just a feeder fish but it sets the wrong precedent and is the beginning of a slippery slope, just like a serial killer starting on his twisted path by torturing bugs.

I'm an avid fisherman, hunter, and conservationist - far from any hippie or peta nut yet I certainly don't condone mistreatment of animals, especially pets in your care.
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So a fish you hook and that swallows the hook, has it's insides pierced by a metal barbed hook, or the deer you shoot that runs away and you can't find it until the next morning that dies slowly is okay, but a fish in a nonworking blender isn't?

You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fplata View Post
^^^^ you are comparing a feeder fish being inside a blender that does not work with dog fighting and people hurting cats. On an earlier post you called for killing the owner of the blender. If anyone is missing the point it is you and I certainly do not need a sermon on the topic by someone who is as disconnected from reality as your comments make it seem. Please do not reflect your soul on mine and understand that my comment was to be humorous, if it offended you or anyone else, as they say "it is what it is"

You are right about a few things, I am comparing a fish to a dog or cat, there is no difference to me. I also did comment about taking out the morons, something I said in anger and forgot I said. Two-faced, my bad. Or maybe I was making a joke. You're also right that it is what it is and we won't agree - not that we have to. I'm not preaching a sermon to anyone, I'm explaining why I don't like the thing. What you read into it isn't in my control. This forum is too nice to perpetuate this bickering, so I agree - it is what it is and I'm done.

The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Oxl
Planted Member

I've never had a fish swallow a hook before, I know how to set my rigs properly - and I always catch and release. Anyone that would miss a kill shot on a deer has no business hunting in the first place.
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So it's ok to hook a fish, nearly rip his lips out and then let him go? I fish and hunt also. And I have had fish swallow my hook and I have shoot a warthog in the vitals and we had to track him for 3 hours to find him still living. I have caught 6 species of bill fish 5 of tuna and the count goes on, my team has won many a tournament, I have released tarpon hooked on a fly rod that are above 140 pounds, I guess I know how to set my rigs also and sadly so I have hooked fish on the gills, not every great hunter always gets a clean drop on the spot kill shot and some times fish get hooked other than the jaw/lips even using circle hooks.

post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Oxl
Planted Member

Yeah fishing by trolling will hook gills and cause damage, I freshwater fish off the bank or in a bass boat and have likely caught the same fish dozens of times in some of my favorite spots. I wouldn't hunt wild hog with anything less than a .300 Win, it's not going to be running away after a hit from that and if you don't have a clear kill shot then you simply don't take the shot at all.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I agree with you.you need the right size cal. I see you are from SWFL. Pm me if you want to go hunting or fishing. I fish out of flamingo and Everglades city.

post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

ΔΙΡΤ Fraternity, Inc. #33

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode