The Planted Tank Forum banner

Pea soup anyone?

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  dbosman@msu.edu 
#1 ·
Post is about amazonian Frogbit. I am quite amazed at how fast this plant grows, the reproduction rate is nuts!

Just to give you an Idea I've had the plant for almost three weeks.

First picture is when I first added the plant & unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the growth in 1 1/2 weeks time! But lets put it this way...barely any light made it to the bottom!! (15w cfl)& (13watt cfl) over A biocube 8.

So as Anyone probably would I removed all the larger plants, threw them in a separate tank & left the tiny ones & a couple medium sized. Here are a couple pics..Although my camera doesn't take pictures to well (iphone) I really love the way the young plants look!

See less See more
#4 ·
yep its all duck weed i hate the stuff well in most tanks my shrimp like playing in it. but it is a pain to get rid of need a really fin mesh net to remove it all cause any small bits will do the same thing in about a week but it is really good in new tanks to suck up extra stuff and move the cycle along pretty fast

#10 ·
I still have the bigger frogbit in my plant scrap/cuttings tank. It literally took over my 8 gallon & made my lower plants seem dim, Is it normal for the frogbit to have it's roots reach nearly the very bottom? That's why I removed it, because the roots started dangling so low I couldn't see my other plants or driftwood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.