The Planted Tank Forum banner

Tiger barbs plus?

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Sethjohnson30 
#1 ·
I got 14 tiger barbs in my 50 gallon long tank. They are aggressive but I like them I'm in the process of giving away my harlequin rasbora because I know they won't survive. I have 8 panda corydoras plan on getting 4 more soon.

I want to know what you guys have had success on keeping with tiger barbs that swim in the same area? I'm thinking of getting 12 zebra danios but I want something with color.

I really wanna keep these guys but I don't want a bare tank. I really don't like the other tiger barbs.

#4 ·
Roseline sharks do well, or did in my tank. The more you get, the calmer the are usually. I had 40-50 at one time. I know you can't fit that many in there, but add more, it will be worth it. Also, get some of the green ones. Different color for the tank, but the tiger barbs all get along, no racism lol.

#15 ·
I must have the weirdest tiger barbs in the world. They've never bothered any tank mates (and I've had them in two different tanks as I change things around) all they do is hang out together. I have had them in a tank for two years now with neons, rosy barbs, and celebes rainbows. They totally ignore all the other fish. My barbs are going on 5 years old...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.