The Planted Tank Forum banner

Books relate to fish and aquarium.

597 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Xavier10 
#1 ·
I found one guy on craigslist asking $25 to sell his 11 books selection of fish and aquarium. Would you buy these books ? Just asking - Thank you,

1.) Atlas of Aquarium Fishes Reference Book, by Dr. Axelrod, & Dr. Burgess.
Volume 2, Fresh Water Fishes.

2.) Book of Cichlids and all the other fishes of Lake Tanganyika, by Pierre Brichard.

3.) Lake Tanganyikan Cichlids, by Mark Phillip Smith.

4.) Dwarf Cichlids, by Jorg Vierke.

5.) The Natural Aquarium, by Satoshi Yoshino, & Doshin Kobayashi.

6.) The Cichlid Fishes, by George W. Barlow.

7.) Aquariology Fish Breeding and Genetics, by Dr. John B. Gratzek, & Dr. Paul V. Loiselle, & Dr. Joanne Norton.

8.) Cichlids a Complete Introduction. by Dr. Robert J. Goldstein.

9.) The Concise Encyclopedia of Popular Freshwater Tropical Fish, by John Dawes.

10.) Breeding Discus, by Jack Wattley.

11.) Handbook of Discus, by Jack Wattley.

$ 25 (for all 11 books)

See less See more
#2 ·
Number 5 is pretty, good for inspiration.

If you are interested in Cichlids, there are several books there, looks like a good introduction.

I like having hard copy (books and magazines) on hand, but I also add notes as I research the fish.
I like using the internet for current, up to date info. Even recently published books become dated pretty fast. Not that the info is wrong, but new species are being found, new varieties of plants being developed all the time.

If some of the books are older the names of the fish may have changed, so be prepared to do a little extra detective work to find the one you might like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.