Ok, so I pulled the trigger and bout the 27 gallon cube
. Petsmart had it on sale 70 bucks off. Convinced the wife I should get it now and save money
So, It comes with the Marineland DoubleBright LED light. 6W, 6000K, 450 Lum. From reading, I don't think the 1-2 W/gal rule applies to LEDs
??? From what I could find out, 0.8 - 1 W/gal is needed for LEDs.
Maybe it is better to look at lumins or maybe lux?
So, looking at a second LED unit...
1) Double-bright, $65, only gives 12 W total, budget friendly
2) Marineland Reef Capable, $145, 18W, 10000K, 1305 Lum
3) Marineland Plant LED, $210, 18W, 6500K, 1740 Lum
4) GroBeam, $135, 12 W, 6500K, ?? Lum
5) GroBeam Duo, $260, 2x12W, 6500K, ?? Lum
6) Beamworks Doublebright, 18W, 10000K, 1300 Lum
7) Finnex Ray II DD, 15 W, 7000K/1000K, ?? Lum
Trying for the low-light, non CO2, 1-2W/gal florescent. Does that mean I should target 0.4-0.5 W/gal LED??