Sunken Gardens book - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By nodim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Sunken Gardens book

Hi everyone, my Aunt just picked up this book because she has been pondering about adding plants to her tank, so I borrowed it off her to have a read out of curiosity.
I have to say so far I've been really happy with the book (up to the lighting section right now), sleek design, good photos (especially the ones of habitats) and most of all fantastic up to date information! I think it is one of the best books available for beginner hobbyists and strongly implore people to get it if you are new to the hobby or just feel like you want to learn some new stuff. I was really impressed that it dispells a lot of myths about lights, like WPG and Kelvin and when it started to describe the importance of PAR and spectrum I was over the moon! Even had some good information for me eventhough I'm somewhat experienced (sort of).
I feel if a beginner hobbyist picked up this book they would pretty well set to start their own tank.
If anyone else has read it curious to see your thoughts, I've literally just started it but so far I'm impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:01 PM
Algae Grower

Yes, I bought and read it last month, and agree that it is well done. Karen does a great job of taking complex matters and making them simple. I noticed also that it is one of the few books which also addresses some of the common myths perpetrated on the internet. A refreshing read, to say the least.

If you ever get a chance to see Karen speak at a local club, I highly recommend it. Her presentation(s) are also outstanding.
Opare likes this.

180g - Tropheus Bemba, Syno Petricola
125g - SA Community, Geophagus & Acaras
75g - Planted community
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

We'll see if I ever end up in the US for some reason! Definitely will try and catch her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode