The Planted Tank Forum banner

Introduction- Let it Grow

935 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Let it Grow 
#1 ·
First post, but creepin on the forums for awhile. Haven't seen anywhere for introductions so I'm assuming here's good as it gets.

Have few tanks, but not much plants established yet.

So here's my 180g half panted with 11 rbp (red belly piranha), 1 pleco, 1 assasian snail.

2 aquaclear 110 HOB filters

The bigger (don't remember offhand) whisper air pump with 2' wand.

Two 300watt heaters

200 pounds of smaller sized gravel used for pond filters I believe. Plus another 50 pounds that's been sitting around.

Do have 2 nice canister filters, never used for tank, but need to order parts. For at least backups.

Reason for 11. Bought 5, got shipped two packages, one with 10, and one with 5. 11 made the journey. Hand warmers were touching a few of the individual bags, guessing suffocated.

The 11 reds quickly outgrew the 55gal, so before they could I bought a 180gal and set it up. Wasn't expecting to at the time, but glad I did.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thank you.

Ya I realized after I posted, that I forgot to list the plants and my lighting, after all it is the planted tanks forums.. Whoops..

I have two Anubias, both currently have sent up flowers yet to bloom, sadly it's underwater and will not pollinate.

Two t8's 30w each

Anacharis

Water sprite

Micro sword

Melon sword

Red melon sword

Marimo

Cabomba

Java moss

+1 undentified

Thanks soc200

Glad to hear there are some rbp lovers on here. I know a lot of people get discouraged by them cause they can be skiddish, and more skiddish of eachother causing a chain reaction and them smacking into things. Specially when you gotta clean your tank in slow-mo so they don't hurt themselves.

Sometimes they will line up side by side as their watching eachother, me and anyone else in the living room. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.