The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anubias dying help

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Let it Grow 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello can you tell me what is causing this in my Anubias? They are only a couple of days old in the tank. I'm still messing around with all my lighting options. Did I give them too much light or?

Sorry here are the pics

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Had a similar problem. Moved it to a lower light tank and has not complained since. Probably need some ferts if kept in the present light. But since you are just starting I would move it to a more shaded area and keep an eye on it. Probably cut off the couple bad leaves.

#3 ·
If you can tell us more about your set up, I'm sure people will be able to help you better.

Size of tank, tall, short?

What lights? wattage? Distance?

Light schedule?

Ferts, or fish?

From my experience their pretty hardy. And reading some of your post you know not to burry the rhizome.

I've ripped'em out during moving or removal of black beard algea, with water and bleach with a Q-tip on the leaves.. Killed off the black beard algea but the plant was totally uneffected.

So it's not likely due to transplanting, as their roots are one of strongest.

The first photo almost looks like something been chewing on it. All the other leaves look great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.