The Planted Tank Forum banner

Brown stuff in my tank

549 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tank_overload 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I have a 10 gallon tank with some live plants and 4 Rasboras 3 mountain minnows and a female betta. A while back I had a different filter which had some brown stuff in it so I wiped it off with my finger and some went into the water and I thought nothing of it well now it is everywhere every time you move let's say a plant or some gravel it will enter the water column but it doesn't make the water cloudy just brown things everywhere then it settles everywhere like on the plants or the gravel and looks very gross does anyone know what it is thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Does it stick to things, or is it free floating?

If free floating, it's just aquarium detritus: decomposing plant material, fish crap, dead algae. You can vacuum it up with a siphon.

If it sticks, must be some type of algae. We would need more information about your tank in order to diagnose: substrate, lighting, fert dosing, CO2 source, full tank pic, plant stock, tank age.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.