The Planted Tank Forum banner

Live Plant Buying Options

816 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  patfat 
#1 ·
I'm finally ready to start buying plants. However. I've hit a snag. I don't have a decent LFS within 100 miles. Literally.

Sooo. I've got to order my plants online.

I'm looking at:

Aquariumplants.com
Liveaquaria

Is there anything I should be concerned about when buying from either? Also. Are tissue cultured plants really that much better?

I'd appreciate any advice you guys can offer! I'm pretty new to planted tanks and I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the options!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
#5 ·
Generally the popular mail-order plant companies require that you use overnight delivery, which comes at a steep price. This might be ok if you are putting in a huge single order to fill your tank, but tends to break the bank for smaller orders, especially if you end up doing multiple ones. The norm for shipping on the PTN trader forum is USPS priority, which takes 2-3 days (although not guaranteed), and cost as little as $7. With the cheap shipping and cheaper plant prices, the occasional DOA becomes acceptable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.