new from sandy - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
new from sandy

Been in Utah for a foew years now and picking this hobby back up, use to do a lot with African Cichlids as a kid including breeding Black Victorians.

Between me, wife, and kids we have a few tanks 54, 40, 20, 10, 5, 3.5, and a 1. All freshwater.

Wife loves betas, and while I like Cichlids I don't have any this time around. I'm trying to employ some low tech planted tanks. Current crop of fish is nothing noteworthy.

My plants are mostly unexciting, various crypts, some anubias, ruba lily, some java fern, and penny wort.

Kind of disappointed with lack of available aquatic plants, I remember the likes of petsmart and petco having tanks of plants, cant even find things like hornwort, java moss, or other common easy to grow stuff.

So far, I know of the Aquarium, fish 4 you, and marks ark, besides the petco/petsmart. What I do have mostly came from bobstropicalplants, and may order from them another batch of stuff, so if people want to go in on things.

water sprite - Ceratopteris
hornwort (Ceratophyllum demersum?)
java moss
various java ferns
guppy grass - Najas guadalupensis
soem drwarf grass (Dwarf Sagittaria and Eleocharis parvula)

Or better yet, if people are willing to sell/trade/donate stuff...

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 04:18 AM
Algae Grower

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode