The Planted Tank Forum banner

Houston and surrounding cities!!!

8K views 130 replies 22 participants last post by  wesleh 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All, I see this section is rather small. I would like to attempt to make it a place that gets a lot of traffic.

Texas is a big ass state so get your assess in here and lets to some buying, trading and selling!

I am looking for some beginner Cardinia Species shrimp, I dont want my neo's breeding so let me know what you got!

Also looking to some exotic plants for my tanks, I have 3 that could use some color other than green!!

Let me know what you got!

Jake

#51 ·
You don't necessarily need alder cones and IAL for bee shrimp. If you have some sort of pH altering substrate that should be plenty enough. IMO alder cones and IAL is for added looks and something for the shrimp to munch on. RO/DI water is good but as mentioned, remineralizer should be added to it to get good parameters for the shrimp. The person I got my CRS from doesn't use remineralizer and just pure RO/DI water, so I'm gonna stick with that since he's getting babies every few weeks. If you don't have remineralizer, you can mix in some dechlorinated tap water. I've seen the cheaper bee shrimps kept in just tap and aquasoil.

#56 ·
My 5gal fluval chi planted tank. It's a bit of a jungle with several types of plants. My first planted tank. Has crypts, lots of rotala, blyxa japonica, mosses, riccia, tiger lotus, hydrocotyle japan, and a bunch of other plants. I call this my miracle tank. Runs 18+hrs of light. Micro fert dosing only. No CO2. Low-med light. No water changes. No algae. Everything grows ridiculous fast in here.

http://youtu.be/uV7zJEAjkws

#57 ·
OEBT in Houston

^^lol I overfeed once in my ebi and I get a jungle of hair algae but then again the stock filter is garbage. Might just sell it...
I keep crs with aquasoil but I might need to change it soon. I'll post pics sometime this week great looking tanks btw.

#60 ·
Plants were added yesterday. You can't really see the Val Nana in the background because I didn't have as much of it as I had of the bolbitis. If the bolbitis takes off, I can always trim it and sell it off. Seems like everyone wants bolbitis, but they're quite pricey. I still haven't added the Dwarf Sag to the foreground that I have growing in another container.

#69 ·
Ok just saw it. Way too small for a decent size turtle. Maybe some African dwarf frogs?
I like musk turtles and they seem to fit the bill for a 20G Long. I'm not too fond of african dwarf frogs. Something about them just makes me want to feed them to my exodons :icon_evil

I like the idea of having a breeding bristle nose tank as well. It seems like everybody and their mommas want long fin albinos or L144. It would be a nice side income. Shellies are awesome too. Great to watch and easy to keep.

#78 · (Edited)
I need to get some updated pics of my tanks..

My 12 g long is having a crazy amount of a hairy looking algae growing in the moss and a small portion on my dwarf hair grass...

I'm about to rip the branch wood out that has the hair algae growing in the moss and throw in some more stone.... ADG will be getting another shipment of stone in, in a few weeks.

Any home remedies to clear this crap out?

#81 ·
Skip the SAE, they get up to 6". A better alternative is amano shrimp. They worked for my 5g when it was in its beginning stages. Had a hair algae outbreak and they cleaned up everything.

If that doesn't work, you can manually remove as much as you can, and then hit it with hydrogen peroxide.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.