The Planted Tank Forum banner

DFW Aquarium Shop?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TexasCichlid 
#1 ·
Going to be in town this weekend and have the Saturday for my own doings. Is there a nice shop to visit? I will be in the Arlington area but can drive if it's worth it. A place that has a nice selection of stands would be helpful as I am trying to find one to fit my 60p. Not really in the market to buy any plants or fish, but always like to look.

#2 ·
There are a few decent shops in Dallas. If you want to head over to Carrollton and hit up Dallas North Aquarium they have a pretty big in store selection of aquariums and stands, however it might be a little bit of a drive. The Fish Gallery is pretty good too. In Arlington you could go to the True Percula, I haven't been there a lot, but it hasn't been too bad the times I've been there.

#3 ·
True Percula was disappointing. Not much of a tank or stand selection, but a pretty nice 40B sized rimless ( expensive ). Salt water displays were okay, most of the coral tanks for sale looked to be in poor shape. Fresh water selection was poor. Half the stuff for sale was different mollies and the planted display tank was riddled with algae.

To top it off, there was a 8 year old kid in there with his mom and they were complaining they needed "a bigger fish that they could see more often." 10 gallon tank. The clerk queried if the tank had any hiding places, to which the enthusastic 8 year old responded "a really cool pirate ship and a sponge bob." Apparently satisfied with this response, the clerk suggested some sort of unusual pleco I was not familiar with saying "it gets to be about 7 inches long, so it should be good."

My wife was with me. She saw my epic facepalm and we left.

#4 ·
Well, still better than the 4 year old (Or so) I overheard at petsmart that wanted a "girl for his boy betta". I don't think she survived.

You're right around here aren't ya? I'm north of Dallas, Denton county, Flower mound. So far I have only heard of those who live far, far away... glad there is someone around here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.