Chattanooga - Bermuda Triangle - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
Thumbs up Chattanooga - Bermuda Triangle

I frequently travel to Chattanooga to visit my sister and brother-in-law there and had noticed this shop as we passed it every time on the way to their house. They are located on 7550 East Brainerd Rd, south of I-24. It's not a huge shop, but looks can be deceiving. Extremely clean with a good variety of fresh and saltwater. I saw some Boesman's rainbows, German Blue Rams; cardinal tetras; and yo-yo loaches among other things. Fish that really should be common but are nevertheless impossible to find in my area (Birmingham, AL.) The ratio was probably 60/40 fresh to salt (hard to tell exactly since the SW tanks are bigger.) They also had a very nice tank of plants for sale, where I picked up a couple of small pots of glosso. When I made my choice the gentleman who was waiting on me asked me how much light I had which indicated to me that they a)know their stuff and b)are concerned about their customer's satisfaction rather than making a sale. There wasn't a speck of algae in the sale plant tank that I could see and everything in there was a nice healthy color. There was a separate, low-light tank which held java fern and java moss.

Sláinte!
Cindy

55 gallon - Hi-Res — 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish
10 gallon — lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 06:20 AM
Planted Member

omg i live like 10 miles away from east branerd and i have not ever seen this store im going to have to go and look for it. some time time to go to bed
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
They're in a strip retail center on the right as you head south. It would be a bit difficult to spot, and I can't remember the name of the center, unfortunately. Look 'em up in the phone book and give 'em a call to get a little better idea of how to find them.

Sláinte!
Cindy

55 gallon - Hi-Res — 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish
10 gallon — lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Algae Grower

Aquarium Boy,
I live in East Brainerd. We need to get together. Do you know any other plant people near us?

Paulette

75 gal planted is now a reality!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Planted Member

I do business w/Bermuda all the time. They are the best store around these parts. They are pricier than the big chains on some things, but the knowledge and quality more than makes up for increased prices. If anyone visits the area they should stop by especially on Wed. or Fri. (a very knowledgable freshwater guy works on those two days).

Anyone else live around here?
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Planted Member

Oqsi

Hey man, I just read a post that you wrote in about getting someting started in Tennessee. I fit the bill; I live in Tennessee and am very busy . However, I am very interested and could meet every couple months or so.

Jeremy

55 gal., DIY stand, hood, rex reactor, & bubble counter, XP2, Coralife 65 X 4 w/remote ballast, flourite
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 03:13 AM
Planted Tank Guru

i live in knox, not sure if you count that as "around here." kinda far from chattanooga....but definitely closer than memphis!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Planted Tank Guru

I'm near Knoxville and Aquarium is my favorite lfs. Are there any other good ones in the area?
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 03:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

The Aquarium is the best, but very pricey, and their plant selection sucks.
Fins and Skins has some nice stuff sometimes, some of their prices are rediculous, but others are really cheap (they wanted $12.99 EACH for 1/2" yellow lab fry!!!).
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 01:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Some days are better than others as far as their plants go but still better than any of the other shops.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Looking for LFS around Chattanooga and Knoxville, but I'll make a new thread.

*Kristin*
Planted tanks:40g breeder, 20g long, 29g
38g Reef tank

My tank info page
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Algae Grower

Hey! I live in Cleveland!
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Algae Grower

Hi AMUA6,
I am looking for local people interested in planted tanks. I am also looking for someone that might be interested in purchasing a 75 gal capacity trickle filter kit with overflow box and skimmer. I would like to sell it or trade it for a CO2 set up. I used to be into saltwater reef stuff. I also created an option to make the trickle filter a refug as well.

Does anyone have any plants for sale?

See ya,
Mermaid

75 gal planted is now a reality!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Algae Grower

What's up Mermaid. I'm just now starting out on my planted tank. It's a 30L that was home to two Oscars, which are being donated over the weekend. Right now it has only java moss, a java fern, the two types of swords (amazon and something else) and also another background plant that blooms blue when it's out of the water. I picked them up from Petco and only went by scientific names while buying them lol I don't have the scientific names memorized yet so cut me some slack :p lol

I plan to use some playsand on the bottom about 3 inches thick, then gravel for the top layer. So basically when I get time and after the Oscars are gone, I will be doing a makeover on my tank. I am not using Co2 or anything... yet.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
I was at that pet store 2 months ago. My cousins live 5 min away so I had to stop by. Fish selection is pretty nice but equipment is pricey. My parents are actually thinking about moving to Chattanooga. Nice to see folks there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode