The Planted Tank Forum banner

Looking for Aquarium Club in Greenville Area

7K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  boadams87 
#1 ·
With all the fish stores here in Greenville you would think there would be a club of some kind. I'd love to find one and get involved. It would be nice to be able to get together and do some plant trading. Anyone know of one in the area?

#11 ·
I know that charlotte is a long way, buy there is the "charlotte area aquarists society" that is 99% freshwater and they have meetings and an auction coming in october I believe. Also a few members here are on that forum as well, but most of the caas is non-planted

#14 ·
You seem to be an expert on Bettas. I just bought my first Betta Saturday. Can you identify the species and give me some tips on keeping him healthy? Right now he's in my 10 gallon planted tank by himself. Dint want to put him in my 20H planted with a gourami. I'm afraid they might try to kill each other. Even though the gourami is shy as heck.

The Betta hasn't eaten yet(that I've noticed). I've tried the Berta pellets and some freeze dried blood worms. Is it ok for there to be decent filtration in there with him? Most people keep them in still bowls with no movement.

#15 ·
Hi!Your boy is a veil tail.The tank size is perfect,plants are great.Freeze dried anything isnt good for them,they have short stomachs.Soaking the bloodworms will help keep him from being constipated so much.What brand pellets?If you are unsure about him eating,you can soak a few in garlic juice.Bettas as well as most fish love the taste,and it also helps clear any internal parasites.Hes a pretty boy.The filtration,if its bothering him(not all are bothered by it and some will play in the current)Make a baffle out of a soda bottle.

#16 ·
Oh ok, thanks for the tips. He doesn't seem bothered by the flow, but he stays away from it most of the time. The pellets are Aqueon I think. It's a short bulb looking container with a yellow top. Purchased at petsmart. How do Bettas do with flake food? Thanks again!

#17 ·
Flake foods are not good in my experience.They make the water too dirty.They do like frozen foods and even freshly hatched BBS.Live foods are great for them.They are insectivores and the pellets are more atural for them.Mine get atisons betta pro,HBH,Hikari,along with trout chow(didnt know purina made fish food,lol)for the macs,ghost shrimp and daphnia.They like to rest on plant leaves too.

#23 · (Edited)
Hello Fish Nerds :)
My name is Ben.
And my friend Ty and I, we are trying to establish a club here in South Carolina, that will invite any aquarist from the guppy lover and marine lover :)
We would like to grow big and help eachother in this beautiful hobby!
As we grow, we will have photo contest, BAP (Breeder's Award Program), Swap Meets!
I am sorry that our forum still looks pretty rough, but trust me, we are working on find a good one that is inexpensive :) so please be patient with us.

Thanks for joing us, and being part of something that will hopefully grow big in this area :)
www.scaquariasociety.com

#24 ·
New site is up!

hey guys,

we had to do some changes to the site, we have a new domain and a new forum, and we are getting there to get everything together now :)
our new website is www.scaquariasociety.com
the site looked great earlier today, but something happened, and all our images are gone.
but everything is still accessible.
if you already had register on the old forum, please register at the new one, there will be no further changes made. we was not able to retrieve data from the old forum, i apoligize.

www.scaquariasociety.com

thanks,
ben

#25 · (Edited)
hello is there anyone here with building website skills?
it seems to be we are running from one issue into another.

yesterday we had the webpage up, put a php on it, and the images from the webpage were gone!
we talked to technical support, they fixed it, but now the darn forum is gone.
we are getting very frustrated with this, does anyone have webdesign skills?

thanks i appreciate any help

ben

edit: phew after figuring it out for hours, the page is finally back up :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.