Plants in the upstate - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
kamikazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lincolnton, NC
Posts: 2,245
might be able to find some other options an hour up the road in Gastonia and Charlotte.
kamikazi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moore, SC
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by prjct92eh2 View Post
I have some amazon frogbit i could probably part with. how much do you need?
Any amount of frogbit to start with would be fantastic. Hopefully, I can grow additional from that! I have a planted 55, but have been having problems finding floating plants that appeal to me, other than pennywort and duckweed. I'm not overly fond of either pennywort or duckweed, actually. I'm not in any huge hurry. I'll be happy to work with your schedule.

I finally stopped in at Petworld in Boiling Springs this week. Nice, old-fashioned store that actually has individual tanks with isolated water. Not that recirculated, infection-spreading system used by most stores now. A little elevated on some items (shrimp $$, as mentioned), but if I need stuff and he's in shouting range of mail-order pricing, I'll use him! I did get an earful on the new healthcare law while I was browsing, but a nice guy.
DKRST is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moore, SC
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi View Post
might be able to find some other options an hour up the road in Gastonia and Charlotte.
Thanks, I had not thought about Gastonia. I tried Fintastic in Charlotte when I had to pick up someone from CLT airport. Neat store, some very cool, but slightly overpriced equipment. Fish prices were ok, not outstanding but they had a good variety of species. The staff I spoke with were not well-informed. No floating plants when I was there.
DKRST is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
prjct92eh2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRST View Post
Any amount of frogbit to start with would be fantastic. Hopefully, I can grow additional from that! I have a planted 55, but have been having problems finding floating plants that appeal to me, other than pennywort and duckweed. I'm not overly fond of either pennywort or duckweed, actually. I'm not in any huge hurry. I'll be happy to work with your schedule.

I finally stopped in at Petworld in Boiling Springs this week. Nice, old-fashioned store that actually has individual tanks with isolated water. Not that recirculated, infection-spreading system used by most stores now. A little elevated on some items (shrimp $$, as mentioned), but if I need stuff and he's in shouting range of mail-order pricing, I'll use him! I did get an earful on the new healthcare law while I was browsing, but a nice guy.
I live in Greer and Work in Spartanburg (about 5 miles from Petworld), so we can either meet up or I'll send it to you for $6 to cover shipping. Let me know! Also, are you on SCAA yet?
prjct92eh2 is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
kamikazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lincolnton, NC
Posts: 2,245
honestly there aren't any good stores for plants anywhere. most sale the same old same old. there is a lfs in my town and one in hickory that will special order anything I want as long as their supplier has it. other option is going to fish club meetings and getting plants and trimmings from members.
kamikazi is offline  
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moore, SC
Posts: 219
Frogbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjct92eh2 View Post
I live in Greer and Work in Spartanburg (about 5 miles from Petworld), so we can either meet up or I'll send it to you for $6 to cover shipping. Let me know! Also, are you on SCAA yet?
PM sent, thanks!
DKRST is offline  
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moore, SC
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by prjct92eh2 View Post
Also, are you on SCAA yet?
Tried to join, but keeps rejecting my "answer this question" answer. If you can, please let the SCAA forum admin know he/she needs to check the registration question.
DKRST is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome