The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Mars 2212..(Major 56K Warning!)
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Are these real?
PTrader: (182/100%)
Originally Posted by Naja002 View Post
Equipment? What equipment? Not sure if you mean for everyday or for the pix. But either way, I had considered it. For everyday I would have had to drill the tank....and with my would have shattered or something. For the pix, I decided not to worry about it. These pix were just kind of an "update" on the tank. I don't have any intentions of ever entering it into any contests, so that's a moot point. But I would like to get some really nice shots once it finishes filling in. For that I will remove the equipment and clean things up "for the shoot" so-to-speak. First I have to spend more time learning how to use this frickin' camera. Great point and shoot--which is what those top-down shot were....but beyond that...I have a harder time. I understand the effects of apeture, shutter speed, etc.....just doesn't seem to work out. I'll keep trying though....
If it doesn't bother you, don't worry about it. Personally I don't enjoy ANY visible equipment in an otherwise attractive aquascaped tank. And I mean not only for the photo shoot. The only technical thing visible in my tanks is the thermometer.

Your photos are quite acceptable... for full tank shots I'd try to shoot from the center rather than angle/above.

The white stuff remaining after scraping GSA is probably calcium something. Not sure what to do about it... scrape some more? That's the struggle with very hard water...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome