The Planted Tank Forum banner

petco pricematching flourite...

10K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Crazyjayb 
#1 ·
hey guys i know no1 here lives in RI but i know others live in CT and MASS so im wondering if there is anywhere close where i can get pricematched flourite.. ive already tried petco in seekonk and north atobough ?spelling? (the one near zooks)

where else can i look? im praying i can get it price matched so i save like $60+ but if not ill have to buy flourite at full :( :( price which will shk....:( :(

thanks for the help and time

Fish Newb

ooo ps ill be updating my journal or making one if i didnt post one a while back... since i plan on setting up my tank this week vaca from school so i got some time! i also just made a big order from Dr fosters and smith to save some money since they got some good sales atm :icon_eek:

well over and out "finally"

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
chiahead said:
Petsmart will price match an online ad? Wow, thats pretty amazing since alot of online prices are way cheaper than any store price. Does this work on anything they sell? Or do they just pricematch from there online store?
I am not sure. I am relatively sure they will price match anything. It probably depends on who you get as your checker.

#7 ·
yeah thats what ive heard SO PETSMART CARRIES FLOURITE>>>> yeah i did see it that time i poped in to see the store.... nice idea i had no clue THEY would pricematch it.....

well off to the petSMART (i hated the store they min i stepped in their tanks are like cut awfull,,,,, they have horible fish department.... o well if i can save money im in there since im on a limited budget of $300

going to check what link u posted XD

Fish Newb

(i was refuring to getting big als pricematched saving about ... $14 if the price of flourite there was $24 but it varies so i was figuring i would save about half of what it would cost at full price...

thanks for all the fast resoince!

(haha it is big als go figure... i had no clue petsmart pricematched tooo i wish i knew! thanks a LOT

#8 ·
please inform us if they price match onine ads.. I would love to know

#11 ·
Rumford Pet Center / Something Fishy, Inc. in East Providence, R.I. sells Flourite for $19.99 per 15# bag. I bought 2 bags for my setup last week. I need to find one more bag of Dark to finish my scape. I'll be going there today.
$19.99 for Flourite in Petsmart in Virginia as well. Even if online pricing is cheaper, any savings will be absorbed by high shipping charges. $20.00 minus shipping charges isn't bad.

Now if the store - price matches online stores, that would be really cool.

#13 ·
Why was an over 9 year old thread necro-ed up here??

#14 ·
I suspect that its a spambot.
it snuck a hyperlink to a suspicious (to me) url into the response it posted, along with some rather dubious grammar that looks bot-ish to me. the fact that its the users first post is also a giveaway.
looking at the whois listing for that domain, it's based in India so I'm pretty sure it's not a valid Petco site.
somebody may want to moderate that post.

(I'm certainly not clicking that link lol )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.