Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia PA
FS: EXCELLENT CONDITION SHIMANO CORE 100Mg
Kind of off-topic but I thought i'd put this here to see if anyone is interested.
I have a GREAT CONDITION Shimano Core 100Mg Reel for sale.
The reel is in Excellent Condition, has been upgraded to ABEC 7 Bearings for better distance and awesome free spool and has a Carbon Drag Upgrade to help you fight those lunkers!
The reel has one small hairline scratch near the thumb release which is barely noticeable in the picture. The reel has been used very lightly.
The reel comes with Box and Instructions. The reel retails for $349.99.
The Core reel from Shimano is designed to be the ultimate lightweight power fishing reel. Constructed with a magnesium frame and sideplates this reel weighs in at an astonishing 6.1 ounces. The HEG gearing gives this reel plenty of fighting power and the 11lbs of drag will allow you to tame just about any fish. There is no question mark when it comes to durability with the Core. Tackle Warehouse staff tested this reel for three straight days with braided line on Lake El Salto. This reel handled hundreds of casts, hooksets and fish.
Not only is this reel extremely light it is extremely comfortable to hold during the cast and retrieve. The all new 100 size frame design is ergonomic and becomes an extension of the rod. The 6.2:1 gear ratio gives you burn back retrieve speed and combined with the HEG gearing you can move fish quick and efficiently. The Core represents the next generation of Shimano magnesium reels.
- Magnumlite Spool Design This spool provides extremely low startup inertia for increased line control and casting performance even when using lightweight baits or lures. This is accomplished through using lightweight aluminum alloys and a unique design that moves the mass of the spool outward.
- S A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) are specially treated ball bearings that are 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard stainless steel ball bearings.
- A-RB Roller Bearing
- High Efficiency Gearing (HEG) is not only the oversized gears, but also includes the setplate and sideplate, which allow for a high speed retrieve while providing unbelievable fish-moving torque.
- Super Free (SF) bearing supported pinion gear system eliminates friction between the pinion gear and spool shaft for increased freespool.
- Variable Brake System (VBS) uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast for increased distance and adjustability.
- Reduced Mass VBS hub reduces the weight of the spool increasing freespool and reducing start up inertia.
- Escape Hatch Easy to use trigger allows quick access to the VBS weights and keeps the sideplate smooth for comfort when palming the reel.
- Dartainium Drag material provides a wide range of drag settings and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Cold Forged Handle Shank is much stronger than a pressed or cast handle for non-flexing durability.
- Septon' Handle Grips This handle grip material is soft to the touch and does not get slippery when wet.
- Recessed Reel Foot allows the reel to sit closer to the rod for comfort and maneuverability.
- Rubber Shielded Cast Control Knob
- Tapered Ti Levelwind Insert
- Drilled Handle Shank reduces the weight of the reel without sacrificing strength.
- Lightweight Aluminum Drive Gear
- Paddle Grips
Last edited by robxc80; 01-20-2014 at 06:55 PM.