The Planted Tank Forum banner

LFS near UPenn?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  The Trigger 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a high school senior heading to college next year probably at the University of Pennsylvania. Are there any local fish stores near the area that you guys could recommend? Looking specifically for shrimp + plants. Thanks!

#3 ·
there actually is a lfs on penns campus on 40th street. It has your run of the mill fish along with a few exotics at times. Prices on supplies seem a little high but fish seem pretty well priced. Its an okay fish store but i find myself shopping at home and bring goods back to school in philly.

#6 ·
Knowing that this group is a die hard bunch of fish keepers, once your here, you might be able to get a ride with some of the various people here that regularly visit the LFSs within a 100 miles or so. There are a lot of good stores.

You also have a decent public transportation system, so anything within, or just outside the city is accessible.

#7 ·
Knowing that this group is a die hard bunch of fish keepers
hey!! i resemble that statement!!
once your here, you might be able to get a ride with some of the various people here that regularly visit the LFSs within a 100 miles or so. There are a lot of good stores.
that's a given, the more we all get to know each other, the more we have been doing for each other. this is a great group of folks, you should have no problems finding whatever you need/want/desire. and if all else fails, there's always someone around here who "has a guy"...lol

You also have a decent public transportation system, so anything within, or just outside the city is accessible.
i agree with Dave here, we do have a decent public trans. system. just remember to wear a bullet proof vest at all times...lol seriously though, it is good and can get you anywhere in the city.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.