The Planted Tank Forum banner

post your local tank(s)

60K views 752 replies 52 participants last post by  longgonedaddy 
#1 ·
ok, i know a lot of people are like me, too lazy for a journal...lol so i figured i would start a post where you can post a pic of your tank(s) without having to add specs and such. let's just call this a PA photo gallery. here are mine :

my 55. took this a few days ago, and it is different already..lol

my 20L grow tank. (almost empty after today)

my emersed bin

8gal Ebi... blue pearls and malawa shrimp

my 125
FTS

left side

right side

silly mts thinks it's a plumb bob....lol

that's all for now. enjoy folks, and post your tanks!!:bounce:

See less See more
#5 ·
Here is a video of one of my big tank. Tenecor 180gal with Curuai wild and domestic Penang Eruption discus.

http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/...tion=view&current=2011-10-13_19-42-18_576.mp4

This was my 90 gallon Heckel tank when i had time to take care of it last year. It has since been turned into an Amano tank. Battling snails and BBA problems at the moment. Trying to get it back to the way it was.

http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/uu341/DiscusOnly/Planted Tank/?action=view&current=IMG_0303.mp4

#17 ·
Oh don't worry I took no offense I blame it on the cough medicine high I am riding :) thank you for the compliments of course, that 125 has been a project finally coming to fruition!!

I love the tank posted earlier by aquabarren... the red plants.. I really need some color!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Fishies_in_Philly/
i dont have much experience with plants
all i had before was java and anubias
what subs do u use for 55gal and 20g planted tank?
do u add co2 or something for ur plants?
tanks look really good

are u gonna have a shrimp only tank?
or do u have plan to add more tank?
i have this pre filter or 20 , 55gal oak stand or 15gal tanks for future trade :D

#27 ·
Fishies_in_Philly/
i dont have much experience with plants
all i had before was java and anubias
what subs do u use for 55gal and 20g planted tank?
the 55 has dirt, play sand and floramax. the 20 has dirt and play sand and the 125 is dirt and black diamond blasting grit in both coarse and fine mixed
do u add co2 or something for ur plants?
nope, just excel. might add diy co2 on the 55
tanks look really good
thank you :)

oh, and btw...i am still in awe of your fish room. those pics are amazing!

#42 ·
ok, i promised updated pics so here goes. i planted 30 stems of staurogyne repens last night and a ton of crypt. parva:

hoping the new lights come in tomorrow. i need the t5no on the right to go on my wife's 55. and of course she wants it set up yesterday!!LOL

#46 ·
no fricking way!! you found an original slate bottom metaframe?? if i guess correctly where you got it,do i get first dibs when you resell it??? that is an awesome find!! and you are correct, you are supposed to be getting rid of tanks, so just drop that one off at my place and problem solved!!LOL

to quote Nicholson's Joker "where does he get those wonderful toys?" LOL

#45 ·
seriously? now i'm embarrassed to have my tanks here....lol seriously, Jason, i bow to your skills. those tanks are amazing, especially #'s 4 &5. simple, yet elegant. i have seen these entered in the aga competition, right? great tanks!!

-Bill

oh....just out of curiosity, how long did they take before they were where you wanted them? on average, of course, not each specific tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.