The Planted Tank Forum banner

philly area swap list. great for local pickups!

197K views 3K replies 127 participants last post by  scapegoat 
#1 ·
#2,540 ·
That was only March you got out of the hobby? Seems much longer.....

Very happy to see you get back into hobby....Hope you've been well.

That one rare crypt you sold me I am not sure if it made it...I did a dirted tank and planted the crypt from you and a bunch of other plants I bought (haven't thrown anything out) and to be honest , tank hasn't grown as well as I would have thought. if we can identify it & if it has a runner I would be happy to give it to you...

If I am being honest here (I am), some of the anubias you sold me have grown a good bit of algae (dare I say that!!) since being in my tanks-your tank care was fine.

Gotta run. Will check back later....Happy to hear from you!!!

#2,542 ·
Well, not completely in the hobby. I only have the frog tanks, but they are paludariums, do I guess I am. Lol

Let me know if you have a runner of that crypt. If you do, let me know a price and I'll grab it from you.

Den, yup, I want to start swapping out the commons I have in that tank for rares. Check out my threads on hydraforum.

#2,547 ·
Pets Plus-natural pet. (old Nemos) East Norriton.. I got most of the bigger ones... They don't have the dots on their belly, bur I was told it was because they were males.
They have like 5-8 left... inchers... maybe 1-2 bigger than an inch.

Never had Amanos, they colored up quickly in my tank, have like a blue hue to them.

#2,548 ·
Sorry this is delayed, but how was Nemo's? Did they have any decent plants or nano fish? I just pulled out a bunch of stem plants that got unruly and am looking for some nice plants locally that aren't $7.99 for mostly melted leaves and covered in snails LOL!

I checked out Diane's Pets, Petco, Petsmart, and Pickering Valley Feed today and no luck with any plants. Pickering Valley had by far the best stuff fish and plant wise, but were sold out of most plants other than Crypts, Anubias, and Swords all of which I have plenty of. I did snag some MTS snails for free, a black horned nerite, and some nice looking Ember Tetras to add to my Ember Tank.

If anyone is looking they had some Pygmy Cories, Embers, and lots of nerites that all looked good. They also had Pea Puffers which were very hard for me to pass up! May have to set up a cube for them! Oh and almost forgot, they had some Lampeye Killis too! I was surprised to see them there.

#2,550 ·
For those with excess plants/ fish-
There are monthly meetings (free to attend) of some local aquarium societies and they just happen to be this week.

The BCAS (Bucks County Aquarium Society) meeting is this Thursday night at Churchville Nature Center and the DCAS (Delaware County) meeting this Friday night in Springfield.

Someone would surely bid on that nice plant!!

#2,554 ·
Wtb: albino polypterus, maybe leucistic bristlenose

My fiancée would love an albino polypterus 5-6" long, must be this size so it doesn't eat/get eaten by the p. delhezi like the last one was. actually if that happens I'm fairly sure she'll cut it out of its belly in a panic/rage. :) I'm in Bucks county. And a leucistic bristlenose for the shrimp tank would be a great addition.

#2,556 ·
I'm tearing down my 29 and setting up a 20 long on Friday. I've got some plants that need to go. I've got lots of Bolbitis, a ton of anubias nana petite, large bush of needle leaf java fern, some sunset hygro, rotala colorata, some hydrocotyle sp. Japan, some crypt wendtiis and a little bit of trident java fern. Looking to sell some of these or maybe trade if you've got anything rare or interesting. Pm me and let me know what you've got. I'm in the Conshohocken area for pickup. I also have a large piece of manzanita wood I'm looking to sell. It's about 15 inches long, large base and very cool branches. I also will have a 29g tank lol

#2,557 ·
I'm about to break down a 20 and replace it with a 29 (already bought the tank at one of the $/gallon sales...) I may need another 29, I'll let you know.

Can I ask why you're downsizing? My logic is that I would have more stable tank with the same footprint. Perhaps, more forgiving if I am slow with a water change...OR able to support add'l fish.

I'll admit, I've never had a 29 setup so I may not be aware of the pitfalls.

Not faulting you, just wondering if I am missing something in my logic...

--------------------------------------------------------
Bryan

#2,560 ·
Just stopped by Sam's place (The Trigger) and picked up some plants from him.....He has some VERY nice bunches of Bolbitis, anubias nana, needle leaf java fern, rotala, hydrocotyle, etc.

Lets hope I don't kill what I picked up.

That man has a green thumb & was generous with plants and advice. If you haven't hit him up, you're missing out.

I figure- if you trade him a cool crypt/plant, he'll get it to multiply and I might be able to find some cool plants locally -down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.