philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 32 - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #466 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
GitMoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,667
Bill, this is how that tank turned out I had ripped apart when you came over. I'm pretty happy with it for now...

GitMoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #467 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
jreich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 2,940
any one have a nitrate, and phosphate test kit i can borrow for a week? i dont want to run out and buy one just to use it 3 or 4 times.
jreich is offline  
post #468 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by joon View Post
i try to find it myself but failed
Hey bill where did u buy Black Diamond subs around our area???
tractor supply in jersey. it's about 20 miles or so up 38. go to theirwebsite and search for store location www.tractorsupply.com
Fishies_in_Philly is offline  
post #469 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by GitMoe View Post
Bill, this is how that tank turned out I had ripped apart when you came over. I'm pretty happy with it for now...

that looks great joe. that java is a monster!!

you can see your plants in the link in my sig
Fishies_in_Philly is offline  
post #470 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
jreich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 2,940
hey joe, how big is that tank? looks very nice!
jreich is offline  
post #471 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
GitMoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreich View Post
hey joe, how big is that tank? looks very nice!
It's a 36 bowfront. Here's the journal... http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...w-journal.html
GitMoe is offline  
post #472 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
discusonly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Laurel NJ
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreich View Post
any one have a nitrate, and phosphate test kit i can borrow for a week? i dont want to run out and buy one just to use it 3 or 4 times.

I may have both.. let me check for you tonight.
discusonly is offline  
post #473 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,367
I have nitrate, but no phosphorus. Hey Van! Whatcha got on sale this week? I need an excuse to see your discus!!! Lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline  
post #474 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
ThinkTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 545
hey Joe - looks like the discus settled in Its amazing how much brighter they are with the light substrate. Very nice looking tank .

Do you still have a couple HC mats? Sry i didnt get in touch earlier, I just got back from vacation .
ThinkTank is offline  
post #475 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
GitMoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
hey Joe - looks like the discus settled in Its amazing how much brighter they are with the light substrate. Very nice looking tank .

Do you still have a couple HC mats? Sry i didnt get in touch earlier, I just got back from vacation .
Yeah I still have HC mats if you want a couple. Vacation sounds fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
GitMoe is offline  
post #476 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
discusonly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Laurel NJ
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
I have nitrate, but no phosphorus. Hey Van! Whatcha got on sale this week? I need an excuse to see your discus!!! Lol

Lots of CRS!! There is probably close to 100 in the 5 gal tank and the little ones are big now. Just seeing more tiny one each day.

I have 2 weeks old discus. you ready?? They are in the metaframe.

I set up the two 20 gal tank to move some of the CRS into.. just haven't found the time yet.

Still no RCS babies.. I guess it's time to move all the Riccia down stair to the 20 gal. It has my 90gal top 90% covered now.

I spent last weekend cleaning out the garage and found a huge piece of DW.. It ended up in the 180gal down stair.. I pulled out lots of the vals and had to dump them cause of a mis-communication with a member here.
discusonly is offline  
post #477 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,367
Well give me some pricing on thise crs! Lol trying to figure out where i can put another 125 so i can keep discus oh and i need a 150 heater if you have any left. That sucks about the vals. I coukd use a few if you have any to spare.
Driftwood in the 180? Could it be the planted tank mentality has finally gotten the best of you?? Lol
Fishies_in_Philly is offline  
post #478 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
ThinkTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by discusonly View Post
I have 2 weeks old discus. you ready?? They are in the metaframe.
Very cool! Are these the PE or SS? I don't know how you can keep up with the feedings...


I just found out that my Amazonia never shipped.... I have a conf # but i wasn't charged and got no tracking info. I had placed a few orders on the same day and I guess I didn't pay attention to this one well enough. What a PITA.
ThinkTank is offline  
post #479 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
discusonly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Laurel NJ
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Well give me some pricing on thise crs! Lol trying to figure out where i can put another 125 so i can keep discus oh and i need a 150 heater if you have any left. That sucks about the vals. I coukd use a few if you have any to spare.
Driftwood in the 180? Could it be the planted tank mentality has finally gotten the best of you?? Lol
I have no idea of pricing for the CRS yet cause they go from S to SSS. You should know by now that I am pretty fair with pricing so what ever market value is. Some of these CRS are probably too big for shipping now.

I don't think there are any more 150w heater. Still got some vals that I can pull for you. Heck, the smaller runner from the 90gal may be better cause that tank is getting over crowded again.

DW for the 180 cause I am trying to get the wild discus to breed in there. The piece of DW is huge (not branch) and it about 24" tall.

You are welcome to stop over on Friday if you like. Just call or PM me.
discusonly is offline  
post #480 of 2988 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
discusonly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mt. Laurel NJ
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Very cool! Are these the PE or SS? I don't know how you can keep up with the feedings...


I just found out that my Amazonia never shipped.... I have a conf # but i wasn't charged and got no tracking info. I had placed a few orders on the same day and I guess I didn't pay attention to this one well enough. What a PITA.
PE but about 50% of the babies will be Leopard SS. Wife said to me this morning.. "you been hiding your other kids from me haven't you?" I said what? she said she saw the babies discus down there. I promised her last year that I wasn't breeding any more but that was 2011.. It's 2012 now. lol

I found a 5 gal bucket of subtrate while cleaning my garage.. that's what I am using for the 20 gal tanks.
discusonly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome