philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 195 - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2911 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Algae Grower

Thanks guys. The streets in west Philly are the problem for me. I'll touch base again in the next couple days. I work in Hatboro and drive down 95 on the way home from work. Perhaps I could stop by some time next week? I have jury duty this week. I don't think I'll make it up to Norristown this week.

PS, fishies, I believe I was at your house a few years ago to pick up a GBR you had. I'm just getting back into the hobby as my apartment allows aquariums again. Good talking to you again .

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 05:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Yup, that was the old house. We moved last year. If you can get to joe's jump in those crypts, they are beauties. If not, I have a 30 filled with crypts as well as an indoor pond with a few. You can take your pick. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2913 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

It's garbage here in Norristown. My street hasn't been touched. Went to work today for basically no reason. Thank god for Subaru....

If it's easier to get to Bill go nuts. I was just trying to get these plants to a new home. I might list them in the Classifieds to see if they'll go in the next day or so.
post #2914 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 10:58 PM
Algae Grower

Thanks Gitmoe, I doubt my civic fares well in the snow especially if its that bad by you.

Bill, would you be around/available on Wednesday evening at around 7pm? I could drop by quick to take some crypts off your hands.

I just set up a 20 long low tech that I've been itching to get planted.

I ordered some plants from a vendor in Florida last week and they seem to have been lost in the blizzard by USPS.

Here is the tank.

Thanks,

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160123_213128 (1).jpg (67.5 KB, 2 views)
post #2915 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 10:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Yup, I'll be home. If you still have my number, text me. If not, send me a pm and I'll shoot you my address.

post #2916 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 02:17 PM
Algae Grower

I got everything planted last night. Thanks again Bill. Those plants from BamaPlants lost in transit though.... Some of them were nasty. I planted some of what he sent that looked alive. I'll post pictures tonight.
post #2917 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marley77 View Post
I got everything planted last night. Thanks again Bill. Those plants from BamaPlants lost in transit though.... Some of them were nasty. I planted some of what he sent that looked alive. I'll post pictures tonight.

Hey, it was my pleasure Bill. It was great seeing you again.

How did the shrimp fare? Did they survive their journey ok? Some we a bit on the small side.

post #2918 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 12:02 AM
Algae Grower

To be honest, I can only find about 4 of the shrimp in the tank. Not sure where the others are or if they are alive. They could be hiding in moss or under driftwood or something. Hopefully the one of the 4 is a male, as the big female is present.

What kind of snails are in your tank? I got one hitch-hiker. I don't mind him.

I'm going to post pictures of the tank in the show your tank thread. I've got a bunch of questions.

-Bill
post #2919 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
I had the same thing happen with bamaplants last year, post office lost them, showed up a week and a half after shipping. Bamaplants worked something out with me, contact them, they're a great bunch, maybe they'll hook up you up too.
post #2920 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 08:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
To be honest, I can only find about 4 of the shrimp in the tank. Not sure where the others are or if they are alive. They could be hiding in moss or under driftwood or something. Hopefully the one of the 4 is a male, as the big female is present.

What kind of snails are in your tank? I got one hitch-hiker. I don't mind him.

I'm going to post pictures of the tank in the show your tank thread. I've got a bunch of questions.

-Bill

Snails in my tank are pond snails and rams horns. I have assassins too, but they haven't been in there long enough to breed.

post #2921 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 09:49 PM
Algae Grower

Lomggonne, yea BamaPlants has been great getting me replacements for what didn't survive. No complaints on this end. They made it right.

Yea Bill I see pond snails and one ramshorn. Never had a problem with either as long as I didn't overfeed. I bet more shrimp come out of hiding. The big female molted too so that's a decent sign.
post #2922 of 2988 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 10:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Just an FYI for anyone looking for shrimp. Hidden reef had some black cobalts. $4.99/ea. They didn't have a lot, but the ones they had looked decent. They also have red rillis, but I think I only saw a pair in the tank and both female.

post #2923 of 2988 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 01:32 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I went to the Hidden Reef yesterday, but they was already sold out of the Black Cobalts.

Does anyone have any MTS snails for sale?
post #2924 of 2988 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Does anyone have any nice stems to sell? Limnophilias or pogostemon? Maybe some nice rotalas? I'm starting to acquire plants for a 40 semi cube high tech tank.

Oh, and weeping moss, does anyone have any?

post #2925 of 2988 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 04:16 AM
Algae Grower

hey everyone, i'm putting my first planted tank together and would love to find an alternative to the big chain pet stores. looking for low light/fast growing "beginner" plants to fill out my new set up. especially interested in java ferns, crypts, swords, mosses and something for carpeting or faux carpeting (dwarf grass?). also looking for a good line on driftwood. resigned to just using rocks in my initial set up but would really like to get some dw in there once i get it soaked clean. cheers all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode