philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 158 - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2356 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

ok, all plants are spoken for. thanks guys for taking them off my hands and not letting them go into the compost bin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2357 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

and stay tuned, in a few months, i may be blowing out some rare crypts for the one or two crypt lovers out there
post #2358 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Algae Grower

Anyone have some smokey leopard veiled angelfish they are looking to get rid of? I am looking for two, age does not matter. Will buy and/or trade.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...95&pcatid=1595

Young Aquarists UNITE!

55 Tank Journal
post #2359 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 03:41 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Ya mon....you need to get in touch with Van (discusonly). He's the man when.it comes to crs in philly

Thanks Bill. How are your CRS doing? I am working on these culls at the moment. I have enough to keep them in their own tank. Will see what they throw out.

I've managed to increase the quality of what I've started with a year ago after lots of culling

Van
post #2360 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Planted Member

Bill thank you for the plants! They look great.

I ended up getting 2 of those Finnex 36" LED lights you and i discussed. I'll keep you posted.
post #2361 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by discusonly View Post
Thanks Bill. How are your CRS doing? I am working on these culls at the moment. I have enough to keep them in their own tank. Will see what they throw out.

I've managed to increase the quality of what I've started with a year ago after lots of culling

gorgeous Van. i still cannot believe you are not a "shrimp guy"...LOL

my crs? i can confirm 2 in the tank....lol still rather small, so they must be the littlest ones you gave me. on the upside, it looks like i have 1 m and 1 f this is my last go around with crs. i think i am going to wait and get an ro unit before i try again. but that won't be for quite some time.
post #2362 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robxc80 View Post
Bill thank you for the plants! They look great.

I ended up getting 2 of those Finnex 36" LED lights you and i discussed. I'll keep you posted.
oh, you're welcome Rob, anytime. it was great meeting you and geeking out about tanks. between you and sam, i got all geeked out...LOL

please keep me updated, i am really curious to see how they work out for you. i may try it out for the 40b project.
post #2363 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Wannabe Guru

Thanks for offering me those fish Rob. Thank god I didn't take them cuz my male and female blue rams were cleaning a spot off on the substrate today. Pretty sure they're getting ready to spawn. What did you wind up doing with them?
post #2364 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
gorgeous Van. i still cannot believe you are not a "shrimp guy"...LOL

my crs? i can confirm 2 in the tank....lol still rather small, so they must be the littlest ones you gave me. on the upside, it looks like i have 1 m and 1 f this is my last go around with crs. i think i am going to wait and get an ro unit before i try again. but that won't be for quite some time.

That's unfortunate. RO does make it easy. Even a discus only person can do it with RO water. When you are ready to tray again, I may be culling PRL. I'll have to re-arrange the tank to get some pictures of them.

Van
post #2365 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Planted Member

Phew my life has been one terrible thing after another - been so busy, I need to catch up on this forum! Where's the guy I promised some shrimp and snails to? Pm me!

Also, anyone selling a set up? I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger tank, currently have a 29gal.
post #2366 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostas View Post
Phew my life has been one terrible thing after another - been so busy, I need to catch up on this forum! Where's the guy I promised some shrimp and snails to? Pm me!

Also, anyone selling a set up? I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger tank, currently have a 29gal.
i have a 55g with stand that needs to go. with that I can give you 4 bulb t5ho unit that needs to be rebuilt i took it apart to see if i could clean up the hard water stains and ended up just buying another fixture.

located in trevose.
post #2367 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Planted Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
i have a 55g with stand that needs to go. with that I can give you 4 bulb t5ho unit that needs to be rebuilt i took it apart to see if i could clean up the hard water stains and ended up just buying another fixture.

located in trevose.
lol, send me a pm with pic & price?

Edit: I also still have that 20 gal slate bottom metaframe w/orig hood if anyone wants to trade

Last edited by jostas; 02-14-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added info
post #2368 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

$50? they're in my garage, which is a mess since we're renovating the basement and have no where to put things otherwise.

whats this about a slate bottom tank? how much is that worth? wouldnt mind a nifty trade
post #2369 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
$50? they're in my garage, which is a mess since we're renovating the basement and have no where to put things otherwise.

whats this about a slate bottom tank? how much is that worth? wouldnt mind a nifty trade
replied to your pm. it's worth a little more than $50 but maybe we can work something out . pics: http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...taframe%20tank
post #2370 of 2923 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
oh, you're welcome Rob, anytime. it was great meeting you and geeking out about tanks. between you and sam, i got all geeked out...LOL

please keep me updated, i am really curious to see how they work out for you. i may try it out for the 40b project.
So I tried out the 2 36" Finnex Ray II LED fixtures for my 150. Honestly, just by how they look to my eyes, they aren't any brighter than a single tgho unit that spanned the 6 feet. However, since I got them to supplement my 3 80 watt T5 HO lights and allow me to get more light spread, I'm satisfied.

When all is said and done, the fact that I don't have to replace the bulbs every 12 months justifies the $260 or so i paid for both lights.

On their own, it would definately be low light on a 6 foot 150 gallon tank.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode