philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 112 - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1666 of 2985 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
Let the fun begin! hahaha
i cant mess with him that much.......he will stop giving me plants lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1667 of 2985 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Haha...more for the rest of us
post #1668 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
Haha...more for the rest of us
Unfortunately, there isn't much for anyone from my tanks right now. Apparently, i inherited a huge black cloud that is floating over my tanks. First i lost 90% of the plants in my 75. Then the wife saw a bug, and sprayed bug spray, right over my cherry tank and crs/rilli tank. I have 1 cherry left and i may have saved 4 crs. Took me a couple days to figure out what happened. Water quality was good. Drove me nuts, then i remembered a thread about shrimp and aerosol bug sprays. The spray must have drifted down and into my tanks. Remember, my house is over 100 years old, so i have gaps in the floors where radiator and plumbing lines run. So, with the exception of a few greens and some yellows, my shrimp count is minimal and it won't be increasing until i do a bit of sealing/ rearranging.
post #1669 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Unfortunately, there isn't much for anyone from my tanks right now. Apparently, i inherited a huge black cloud that is floating over my tanks. First i lost 90% of the plants in my 75. Then the wife saw a bug, and sprayed bug spray, right over my cherry tank and crs/rilli tank. I have 1 cherry left and i may have saved 4 crs. Took me a couple days to figure out what happened. Water quality was good. Drove me nuts, then i remembered a thread about shrimp and aerosol bug sprays. The spray must have drifted down and into my tanks. Remember, my house is over 100 years old, so i have gaps in the floors where radiator and plumbing lines run. So, with the exception of a few greens and some yellows, my shrimp count is minimal and it won't be increasing until i do a bit of sealing/ rearranging.
ACK! That stinks! I lost my CPO's due to bugspray. Only took 10 minutes and they were dead Couldnt change the water fast enough.

If you need any plants, i have lots to spare. Just let me know.
post #1670 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks buddy. But the only plant that is 100% gone is my downoi. All 6 plants melted, 2 different tanks, weird. I had several crypts melt. 3 nurii, a petchii and my pahang mother plant, but they will grow back. Luckily, i moved that erio you gave me to a "safer" tank.
post #1671 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You still have plenty of anubias right?
post #1672 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Planted Tank Guru

post #1673 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Planted Tank Guru

That sux bill, anything u need to help lmk.
post #1674 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

thanks guys, i do appreciate it. think i'm gonna stick with fish for a little while. shrimp have just been so nerve wracking. i need a frigging break!!LOL
post #1675 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
thanks guys, i do appreciate it. think i'm gonna stick with fish for a little while. shrimp have just been so nerve wracking. i need a frigging break!!LOL
If you have any tanks that have a lot of bio-film or algae growing in them I can toss you a hand full of baby bristlenose plecos I have about 70 in my breeder box right now and the male is fanning a new batch of fry in the cave already. I have a feeling I'll be swimming in pleco fry from now on. That was the plan anyway haha...my pair spawns the second I put the male back into the tank after hes done fanning the previous spawn haha Which is literally every 2 weeks...its crazy/awesome!

Gonna order some repashy superfoods for my fish and pleco's. It's gonna beat the hell out of the other foods that rot after a day of sitting in the tank uneaten. The pleco's will be able to eat whenever they want over a 2 day period without me worrying about the water fouling.
post #1676 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Oddly enough, my bn's and abn's are thriving. Go figure. Another 'black cloud' moment when i got home from work last night. Found my co2 bottle empty, took it to the beer distributor and they were closed!! Wtf?? A beer distributor closed before 5 on a holiday week??
post #1677 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

i've a 45g and a used "bag" of flourite red for trade.

flourite is in a bucket, but you'd need to supply your own container.
post #1678 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Bill,

Sorry to hear about the string of back luck. Hope it's all in the past.

I just came back from vacation. wow.. it's freaking hot here! Catching up on all the water changes here.

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Van
post #1679 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Does any one have an external USB laptop enclosure I can borrow for a few hours. I have to preform surgery on a laptop and need to recover data. Kind of need it today.
post #1680 of 2985 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreich View Post
Does any one have an external USB laptop enclosure I can borrow for a few hours. I have to preform surgery on a laptop and need to recover data. Kind of need it today.
What connection? SATA or parallel?

I have external USB kit for laptop drives but I think the power supply is at my work place. I believe I do have a PCMCIA adapter home but need to check and it has to be a parallel drive, not SATA.

Van

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode