The Planted Tank Forum banner

Shrimp and Plant hobbyists in Charlotte...

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  jtfromcharlotte 
#1 ·
Any other people in the Charlotte area breed and keep shrimp? Trying to see if there are any other locals around.

#3 ·
Glad to see someone else that is fairly close keeping shrimp! How much did they charge for Red Cherries at fintastics?

#5 ·
I am up in the University area and have had kept various shrimp in the past; I don't have any at the moment but am going to add some more to my SA tank soon.
I also agree that Fintastic overcharges for pretty much everything (saltwater items especially), but sometimes I have to go there for last-minute things.

#7 ·
Glad to hear there are more shrimp keepers in the area! I love Cherry shrimp, but started going into other shrimp very soon after. Never gets old!

I also have a ton of plants haha.

#10 ·
I came across what were being sold as "Blackberry" shrimp. They are very dark blue (invisible from a distance against my black sand substrate) and some have a pretty distinct red line down the middle of them.. definitely unlike anything I've seen anywhere else. I paid $6 a piece for several adults - I normally don't pay that much for them but several of them were berried, so I couldn't resist. Just noticed babies this morning- will be selling some once the babies get a little bigger.

I breed at least a half dozen other types of shrimp as well and will be adding more regularly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.