LFS New York City update... BETA 1.0 - Page 257 - The Planted Tank Forum
 3Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3841 of 4219 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 04:50 PM
TÝrŰd ─▀ˇűt ╦σ R╔├ÝrŰ.
 
JoraaĐ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At Home!!!
Posts: 5,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet View Post
Petco Union Square has Danio tinwini.
Did you catch the price? Need some schooling fish.

Cheers!!!
¬J
"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near."
JoraaĐ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3842 of 4219 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Mr. Limpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoraaĐ View Post
Did you catch the price? Need some schooling fish.
Sorry, they weren't priced & there was nobody around to ask. Typical.
Mr. Limpet is offline  
post #3843 of 4219 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 03:03 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
ivan.f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Queens | BK
Posts: 493
Hey guys just an update: Monster Aquarium now has the following.

1. Red scarlet indian badis $5 each
2. 4" & 7" silver arowana
3. Blyth's archers
4. 5" Koi ..
5. 7" Flowerhorn ..
6. 10" common pleco


I picked out ofcourse the 4 most colorful males and 4 females
ivan.f is offline  
post #3844 of 4219 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Fiftymeatballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Astoria, NYC
Posts: 512
Hey fellow New Yorkers. Sorry to hijack this thread about fish stock but since everyone on this post is a NY'er I wanted to share some info I just read on our water report.

Our tap water is lead free from the reservoirs but as many of you probably know it can become contaminated by old pipes on it's way to your apartment. And since so many of us live in very old establishments why not find out how much lead is in your particular tap. The Dep. of Environmental Protection offers a free lead test kit by calling 311. I just ordered one tonight. Crossing my fingers that my water is in the clear since I drink a ton of it. If not I have more of a reason to buy an RO system.
Fiftymeatballs is offline  
post #3845 of 4219 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 04:04 AM
TÝrŰd ─▀ˇűt ╦σ R╔├ÝrŰ.
 
JoraaĐ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At Home!!!
Posts: 5,061
Lots of fish shrimp in Fish town NB.

Cheers!!!
¬J
"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near."
JoraaĐ is offline  
post #3846 of 4219 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 04:26 AM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftymeatballs View Post
Hey fellow New Yorkers. Sorry to hijack this thread about fish stock but since everyone on this post is a NY'er I wanted to share some info I just read on our water report.

Our tap water is lead free from the reservoirs but as many of you probably know it can become contaminated by old pipes on it's way to your apartment. And since so many of us live in very old establishments why not find out how much lead is in your particular tap. The Dep. of Environmental Protection offers a free lead test kit by calling 311. I just ordered one tonight. Crossing my fingers that my water is in the clear since I drink a ton of it. If not I have more of a reason to buy an RO system.

Good to know. Thanks, has anyone seen RCS or CRS around? And at what prices? Thanks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gnauhandy is offline  
post #3847 of 4219 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,695
Aquastar often carry cherry shrimp. they sell for $3.99 ea.

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
post #3848 of 4219 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York City.
Posts: 1,974
Have anyone visited Pacific lately? Want to see what plants they have tomorrow since I am heading to Chinatown to see the New Year parade and taking some photos.


Canon Pimp Club #005
tetra73 is offline  
post #3849 of 4219 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
rozdaboff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yonkers, NY
Posts: 328
Hit a few shops up in Queens and LI this morning.

Pets Warehouse in Copiague had some healthy, fat looking Otos for $2.50, nice blue rams (2/$12), Sundadanio axelrodi, Bolivian rams, Sparkling gouramis, Danio erythromicron. They also had quite a few species of rainbowfish. Plant selection wasn't all that great this visit.

Frank's Aquarium has quite a few Boraras in stock (no chilis right now), Microdevario nanus and kubotai, a cool iridescent livebearer ( Knife Livebearer, Alfaro cultratus ), and an incredibly cool small pencilfish, the shining pencilfish, Nannostomus nitidus.

PW Carle Place had some nice Celebes rainbows and a few Angelicus botia.

Monster Aquarium has quite a few CPDs, and the Ember tetras also look nice (they have good color in the store and will likely color up nicely). They are out of Chili rasboras.
rozdaboff is offline  
post #3850 of 4219 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Vic
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Vic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra73 View Post
Have anyone visited Pacific lately? Want to see what plants they have tomorrow since I am heading to Chinatown to see the New Year parade and taking some photos.
Ludwigia repens
Hygrophila difformis
Aponogeton
Red Nesaea
Green Cabomba
Vic is offline  
post #3851 of 4219 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York City.
Posts: 1,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
Ludwigia repens
Hygrophila difformis
Aponogeton
Red Nesaea
Green Cabomba
Thanks. Hmmm....too bad nothing I really want. I guess I can save my trip there....


Canon Pimp Club #005
tetra73 is offline  
post #3852 of 4219 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
frrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rockaway Beach, NY
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozdaboff View Post
Hit a few shops up in Queens and LI this morning.



Pets Warehouse in Copiague had some healthy, fat looking Otos for $2.50, nice blue rams (2/$12), Sundadanio axelrodi, Bolivian rams, Sparkling gouramis, Danio erythromicron. They also had quite a few species of rainbowfish. Plant selection wasn't all that great this visit.



Frank's Aquarium has quite a few Boraras in stock (no chilis right now), Microdevario nanus and kubotai, a cool iridescent livebearer ( Knife Livebearer, Alfaro cultratus ), and an incredibly cool small pencilfish, the shining pencilfish, Nannostomus nitidus.



PW Carle Place had some nice Celebes rainbows and a few Angelicus botia.



Monster Aquarium has quite a few CPDs, and the Ember tetras also look nice (they have good color in the store and will likely color up nicely). They are out of Chili rasboras.

Wow. I was looking for M.nanus for so long ... But now my tank is broken down oh well. Thx for the update!
frrok is offline  
post #3853 of 4219 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 03:59 AM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NYC, queens
Posts: 163
Send a message via AIM to nycsicktank
has anyone seen Bleeding heart and Cardinal Tetra?
nycsicktank is offline  
post #3854 of 4219 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 03:41 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Cokers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 311
Does anybody know when the next $1-per-gallon sale starts?

No self respecting aquarist worth his salt is without a bucket -Anon

5.5 Gallon College Tank
Cokers is offline  
post #3855 of 4219 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flushing, Queens
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsicktank View Post
has anyone seen Bleeding heart and Cardinal Tetra?
Fish Town usually have cardinals. They got some cardinals when I was there 3 weeks ago. They carry cardinals very often.
32Bit_Fish is offline  
Reply

Tags
apistogramma, nyc stores

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome